retake student handing in late assignment? Watch

blitterflicker
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 week ago
so I have an assignment due tomorrow and have some technical issues. it's very likely I wont be able to hand it in tomorrow for 3.30.

I'm retaking the year. So my assignments are already capped at 40 percent. For any normal student that is not retaking the rules are that if you refuse to hand in any assignment when it's due you still have a week to hand it in but it will be capped at 40 percent. If I hand it in late already being capped before hand does it stay the same for me? or will j have any repercussions?

Mr Wednesday
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by blitterflicker)
so I have an assignment due tomorrow and have some technical issues. it's very likely I wont be able to hand it in tomorrow for 3.30.

I'm retaking the year. So my assignments are already capped at 40 percent. For any normal student that is not retaking the rules are that if you refuse to hand in any assignment when it's due you still have a week to hand it in but it will be capped at 40 percent. If I hand it in late already being capped before hand does it stay the same for me? or will j have any repercussions?
If you are a retake student with capped marks, odds are you have already burnt up most of the good will available to "ordinary" students when they have problems. I REALLY recommend not missing that deadline, most universities wont accept "technical issues" so submit whatever you can by the cut-off. If however its something that hits the official mitigating circumstances box (medical emergency etc) you should be talking to your personal tutor and asking for an extension ASAP.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• Arts University Bournemouth
    Postgraduate Open Afternoon Postgraduate
    Thu, 12 Dec '19
  • Trinity Laban Conservatoire of Music and Dance
    Musical Theatre Undergraduate
    Fri, 13 Dec '19
  • Bournemouth University
    Midwifery Open Day at Portsmouth Campus Undergraduate
    Wed, 18 Dec '19

Do you work while at uni?