Eczema Flare up Watch

Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 1 week ago
Basically, I had an eczema flare up on my face since 2 weeks ago and it still hasn't gone away despite me putting steroid creams like clobovate...... (I cant spell it). It is basically really red and dry and I want to get rid of it as soon as possible as I always try to hide it by putting my hand on top of it. Any tips? Also, does constantly touching your face make it worse?
Help please, I know for a fact that no girl would like me at this rate!
Anonymous #2
Report 1 week ago
Try putting e45 cream on it, if it’s not infected. That normally clears mine up. If it’s infected (bleeding, starting to weep etc) then go to the doctors and they can give you stuff to put on it. And try not to touch it!
Anonymous #1
(Original post by Anonymous)
Try putting e45 cream on it, if it’s not infected. That normally clears mine up. If it’s infected (bleeding, starting to weep etc) then go to the doctors and they can give you stuff to put on it. And try not to touch it!
thanks for the reply, would epaderm do the same as well?
Anonymous #1
also would it get rid of the dryness and redness?
cath_slater
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
thanks for the reply, would epaderm do the same as well?
I guess so, I always thought epaderm was more for prevention?? Idk I might be wrong. E45 is there for when u get a flare up (it is dead good)
Anonymous #1
(Original post by cath_slater)
I guess so, I always thought epaderm was more for prevention?? Idk I might be wrong. E45 is there for when u get a flare up (it is dead good)
ahhh ok, i will just ask the doctors tommorrow thx:hugs:
Anonymous #1
any more tips to get rid of inflammation(red, dry skin) fast due to eczema?:angelblush:
Surnia
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
any more tips to get rid of inflammation(red, dry skin) fast due to eczema?:angelblush:
Honestly, it's a bit trial and error as to what works for you. Try a very mild face wash, like Simple. Then apply a cream and let it sink in, no rubbing. There's a lot of over-the-counter moisturisers and medicated creams and, as I said, it might take time to find what suits you and they might only work for a while then you need to change. Not exhaustive, but there's Aveeno, Cetaphil, Dermalex, Child's Farm, E45, Eurax, Sudocrem, Oilatum, Diprobase, Eumovate (last 2 have been brilliant for me).
Anonymous #1
(Original post by Surnia)
Honestly, it's a bit trial and error as to what works for you. Try a very mild face wash, like Simple. Then apply a cream and let it sink in, no rubbing. There's a lot of over-the-counter moisturisers and medicated creams and, as I said, it might take time to find what suits you and they might only work for a while then you need to change. Not exhaustive, but there's Aveeno, Cetaphil, Dermalex, Child's Farm, E45, Eurax, Sudocrem, Oilatum, Diprobase, Eumovate (last 2 have been brilliant for me).
thx, how often do you get flare up
Hey17
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
I completely understand the pain. If your eczema flares up often or stays red and flaky for a long time, you could try going to the gp and see if they can refer you to a dermatologist (appointments every week) - it's the only thing that got rid of my eczema in the long run. Other than that, you kinda just have to moisturise continuously - baby creams and natural oils are always good.
Leviathan1611
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
have you tried Aveeno?
Anonymous #3
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by Hey17)
I completely understand the pain. If your eczema flares up often or stays red and flaky for a long time, you could try going to the gp and see if they can refer you to a dermatologist (appointments every week) - it's the only thing that got rid of my eczema in the long run. Other than that, you kinda just have to moisturise continuously - baby creams and natural oils are always good.
This 110% worked for me. I used baby shampoo, baby body wash and baby cream and within less than 2 weeks, my eczema of almost 7 years was all gone.
black tea
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
Regular emollients!
Anonymous #1
(Original post by Leviathan1611)
have you tried Aveeno?
no
Anonymous #1
This 110% worked for me. I used baby shampoo, baby body wash and baby cream and within less than 2 weeks, my eczema of almost 7 years was all gone.
oh, i might try that
Leviathan1611
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
no
try it. make sure the affected skin is always moist with cream.
Anonymous #1
try it. make sure the affected skin is always moist with cream.
what does it help with?
Anonymous #1
(Original post by Hey17)
yep, im going to the GP tomorrow thx
Leviathan1611
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
what does it help with?
eczema, rashes. that's what I use when I get a rash.
Anonymous #1
eczema, rashes. that's what I use when I get a rash.
oooohhhh, how long does it take to disappear?
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you work while at uni?

Yes I work at university (79)
32.92%
No I don't (114)
47.5%
I work during the holidays (47)
19.58%

Watched Threads