The Student Room Group

Fundraising ideas?

I have a £2000 fundraising target that I need to reach by next year and so far have received £770 through online donations. My uni team and I are planning on hosting club nights and pub quizzes, and doing bake sales and street collections. I am also gonna apply for grants/trusts for a hopeful boost. Does anyone have any experience fundraising, and if so what advice would you give? What items would you sell at a bake sale and at what prices? This is my first time fundraising so need a fair bit of advice.
Cake sales are good. We’ve done them before at sort of 50p per cake. Selling unwanted items on Depop and eBay can be a good way of raising money too. We’ve also organised live music nights, where we hire out a venue, get some entertainment and sell tickets for that event
Reply 2
Original post by Anonymous
Cake sales are good. We’ve done them before at sort of 50p per cake. Selling unwanted items on Depop and eBay can be a good way of raising money too. We’ve also organised live music nights, where we hire out a venue, get some entertainment and sell tickets for that event

Did you buy the ingredients yourselves, or did you receive donations/reduced prices from supermarkets? What baked goods exactly did you sell? What did you do to attract as many people as possible? I find it hard to keep the costs down as I failed to negotiate a deal with the local supermarkets here.

Thanks for the ideas!
Original post by Anonymous
I have a £2000 fundraising target that I need to reach by next year and so far have received £770 through online donations. My uni team and I are planning on hosting club nights and pub quizzes, and doing bake sales and street collections. I am also gonna apply for grants/trusts for a hopeful boost. Does anyone have any experience fundraising, and if so what advice would you give? What items would you sell at a bake sale and at what prices? This is my first time fundraising so need a fair bit of advice.

Sponsored things are usually quite successful - a sponsored run/cycle/row, sponsored silence etc.
Reply 4
Original post by PhoenixFortune
Sponsored things are usually quite successful - a sponsored run/cycle/row, sponsored silence etc.

I was thinking that too, but idk who would be generous enough to sponsor me...

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending