Any degree courses that don't require GCSE Maths?

Watch
Anonymous444456
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 11 months ago
My original goal was to go onto a nursing degree. I started my access course without GCSE maths or English.

Started the GCSE maths and English about 3 months ago and I can tell you without a doubt I'm going to fail the GCSE maths. I know it and my tutor knows it!

This is my 4th attempt at GCSE maths and its going to be my last.

I realize that I have no chance at getting onto a Nursing degree without GCSE maths. I think I need to change my goals and ambitions for what I'm going to be doing.

I have a level 2 in IT, level 3 Subsidiary Diploma in IT, GCSE B in Art, Functional skills level 2 in English, Functional skills level 1 or 2 in maths (can't remember) and a few other things that I can't remember off the top of my head. Will of course have the Access to Nursing course completed in about 4 months too.

My UCAS application needs to be in by the 6th of December due to the policies of the organization who runs my access to nursing course.

Can people please recommend me what degrees can be gotten onto without GCSE maths? and if possible what universities I can do these at without the GCSE.

Thank you everyone
MQ99
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 11 months ago
Pretty sure gcse maths is required for everything... Gcse (or equivalent) maths and english are just considered requirements by the government, unis, etc
By all means, someone correct me if im wrong.
Last edited by MQ99; 11 months ago
username4952620
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 11 months ago
keep trying gcse maths. i’m in the same position as you. i’m prob gonna fail for the fourth time. but it’s okay. don’t give up on ur dreams. gcse maths ain’t that hard. u just have to work harder
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Should there be a new university admissions system that ditches predicted grades?

No, I think predicted grades should still be used to make offers (519)
33.75%
Yes, I like the idea of applying to uni after I received my grades (PQA) (636)
41.35%
Yes, I like the idea of receiving offers only after I receive my grades (PQO) (313)
20.35%
I think there is a better option than the ones suggested (let us know in the thread!) (70)
4.55%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed