had a rough couple of days. bf is being unsupportive, and called me a whore Watch

Ciel.
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 week ago
(Original post by Rock Fan)
because so many times we give you advice but you slap it back in our faces, any wonder many people have no sympathy anymore
i'm a pretty impulsive person. it's not something that's easily fixable.
(Original post by MidgetFever)
I wish there was something I could say that would be of some use, but your relationship judging by previous posts sounds quite complicated. All I can say is that I hope it works out for you, and if it doesn't and you need to vent to someone then I'm more than willing to listen.
it can be, yeah. and thanks.
(Original post by strictlylover)
you need professional help but you won't seek it. not much we can do here.
help for what exactly?
YaliaV
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
I think you need to be by yourself. You need to work on your issues and the relationship is just exacerbating everything because it seems very codependent.
strictlylover
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by Ciel.)
i'm a pretty impulsive person. it's not something that's easily fixable.

it can be, yeah. and thanks.

help for what exactly?
for your drug and alcohol addiction and general instability?
anosmianAcrimony
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by Ciel.)
help for what exactly?
Your unhealthy relationship and your unhealthy booze/drugs habits.

I don't think the less of you because these things are in your life. Everyone has problems to work through and these are yours. I really hope you do get the help you need.
Ciel.
Rep:
?
(Original post by AngryRedhead)
If you were a girl most people would say it’s rape so I don’t see why it’s different just because you’re a guy. You probably got raped, if you were out of your head to the extent you don’t remember coming on to anybody or sex itself
not because i'm a guy. but because i'm me, i guess. eh, i suppose it doesn't matter. he probably won't believe me, no matter what i say to him.

(Original post by bennyj901)
TIL; Men can be called whores.

But anyway, you seem to keep running into problems with this guy, to the point where being together doesn't even sound enjoyable in the slightest. My girlfriend and I have had a bad few weeks too, due to her worrying about her non existent weight problem, but we still always enjoy talking and have never had a serious fight over it, name called or upset one another. Disagreements and arguments are normal, and it would be really weird if you have been in a relationship where the two of you never disagree or have a few conflicts, but it is how those are dealt with is what matters most. If there is name calling, lack of trust, communication and constant issues then that seems like a pretty flawed relationship to me.
yeah, it's flawed, but it's mainly because of me, not the relationship itself.

(Original post by YaliaV)
I think you need to be by yourself. You need to work on your issues and the relationship is just exacerbating everything because it seems very codependent.
i don't want to. i'd rather die than be by myself. i need to be in a relationship. i feel lost otherwise. i know it's ****ed up but i feel like a teenager still, despite being in my twenties, i can't cope with adult life on my own.
DiddyDecAlt
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
Don't do benzos, that **** will **** you up.
Ciel.
Rep:
?
for your drug and alcohol addiction and general instability?
oh, no, i'm not addicted to drugs. or alcohol. i don't normally drink every single day. and shrinks can't fix a 'generally unstable' personality.
(Original post by anosmianAcrimony)
Your unhealthy relationship and your unhealthy booze/drugs habits.

I don't think the less of you because these things are in your life. Everyone has problems to work through and these are yours. I really hope you do get the help you need.
i wouldn't call them 'problems'. if anything they're more of a solution. but it's a long story, i don't even feel like explaining it
(Original post by DiddyDecAlt)
Don't do benzos, that **** will **** you up.
i need them for insomnia/anxiety/panic attacks. i know they can be bad if you abuse them long term (i normally don't)
guong
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by Ciel.)
what's the point of commenting then

i know it's a dangerous combo, but i know how to do it right. i'm not even addicted, so there's no risk of withdrawal etc.

we ive together tho. and yeah, it was sex.
yeah but i think it's a good idea not to crowd him physically but if you havent yet talk talked to him then definitely try
and honestly okay i do understand his side a bit more; i think explaining it to him will let you feel like you gave him what he deserves in this current moment but if i were him id leave you tbh
id hear you out but id leave you still
strictlylover
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by Ciel.)
oh, no, i'm not addicted to drugs. or alcohol. i don't normally drink every single day. and shrinks can't fix a 'generally unstable' personality.

i wouldn't call them 'problems'. if anything they're more of a solution. but it's a long story, i don't even feel like explaining it

i need them for insomnia/anxiety/panic attacks. i know they can be bad if you abuse them long term (i normally don't)
i mean do you realise how often you've posted similar threads?
if you drink and take drugs to the point where you can't remember having sex, and feel as though you can't do without them, then you have a problem.
squeakysquirrel
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by Ciel.)
the past few days ive been having really bad mood swings. spent a couple of days away from home, maybe 4, 5. binge drinking, partying, overdoing it a little with benzos and other stuff. my bf's so furious with me.

but i needed space. all he said to me today was "get out of my sight, you whore". i have some pretty obvious marks on me, so i couldn't even deny it. but i just couldn't think clearly. i felt like a different person. and i still feel a bit ike that. plus the drugs/alcohol combo. i barely even remember doing it. i know i need to get tested, becaue i'm noe sure if they even used protection. i just feel like they took advantage me me due to me being so out of it.i want himto knw the full story. but he won't talk to me. i just don't know how to get through to him?
I don't blame him. You have behaved appallingly. If I was him, I would walk out the door and not look back
Reality Check
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by HAFIZ M.BiLAL)
I am Muslim in Pakistan
Well done. You must be so pleased Do you happen to know Muhammed at all? He lives in Pakistan - you might know him.
Rock Fan
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
if you drink and take drugs to the point where you can't remember having sex, and feel as though you can't do without them, then you have a problem.
i'm amazed he hasn't done so already
Obolinda
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
I'm sorry about that
Ciel.
Rep:
?
(Original post by guong)
yeah but i think it's a good idea not to crowd him physically but if you havent yet talk talked to him then definitely try
and honestly okay i do understand his side a bit more; i think explaining it to him will let you feel like you gave him what he deserves in this current moment but if i were him id leave you tbh
id hear you out but id leave you still
i'll try again tomorrow. i'm just too tired today, i can't even think clearly. i need the benzos out of my system first
it's not like i do it every week or something. you make it sound like i'm some sort of junkie with no self control.
(Original post by squeakysquirrel)
I don't blame him. You have behaved appallingly. If I was him, I would walk out the door and not look back
good think you are not...
YaliaV
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by Ciel.)
i don't want to. i'd rather die than be by myself. i need to be in a relationship. i feel lost otherwise. i know it's ****ed up but i feel like a teenager still, despite being in my twenties, i can't cope with adult life on my own.
That’s why it’s so unhealthy. Do you have any close family members or friends?
strictlylover
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by Ciel.)
i'll try again tomorrow. i'm just too tired today, i can't even think clearly. i need the benzos out of my system first

it's not like i do it every week or something. you make it sound like i'm some sort of junkie with no self control.

good think you are not...
because that's exactly what you are? addicts always underestimate how much they drink/use.
no judgement, but seriously. get help.
Anonymous #1
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by Ciel.)
the past few days ive been having really bad mood swings. spent a couple of days away from home, maybe 4, 5. binge drinking, partying, overdoing it a little with benzos and other stuff. my bf's so furious with me.

but i needed space. all he said to me today was "get out of my sight, you whore". i have some pretty obvious marks on me, so i couldn't even deny it. but i just couldn't think clearly. i felt like a different person. and i still feel a bit ike that. plus the drugs/alcohol combo. i barely even remember doing it. i know i need to get tested, becaue i'm noe sure if they even used protection. i just feel like they took advantage me me due to me being so out of it.i want himto knw the full story. but he won't talk to me. i just don't know how to get through to him?
You need professional help. 'high levels of self awareness' are only step 1, they don't take you where you need to be. Guidance does. You can't guide yourself if you're drunk and on drugs. Your self awareness is unbearable and being numbed. Contact the NHS and just try it, you have nothing to lose.
strictlylover
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
You need professional help. 'high levels of self awareness' are only step 1, they don't take you where you need to be. Guidance does. You can't guide yourself if you're drunk and on drugs. Your self awareness is unbearable and being numbed. Contact the NHS and just try it, you have nothing to lose.
he is barely self aware that he has a problem and will probably continue doing the same.
Anonymous #1
Report 1 week ago
he is barely self aware that he has a problem and will probably continue doing the same.
I thought it was a she?
strictlylover
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
I thought it was a she?
nope, ciel's a guy.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you work while at uni?

Yes I work at university (77)
32.77%
No I don't (112)
47.66%
I work during the holidays (46)
19.57%

Watched Threads