Industrial piercing help! Watch

obrendanx
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 week ago
Hi, sorry if this isn’t in the wrong place! I would really love to get an industrial piercing as I think they look cool however I work in fast food so we are not allowed any piercings on show! This means I would have to keep it out for around 8 hours a day however I can still put it back on whilst I’m on my break. Is it still possible for me to get one even with the long healing times as long as I’m careful to clean it plenty of times a day and keep it in as much as I can? I would also book 2 weeks of before I get it so it can st least have 2 weeks to heal without removing it. Thank you for any help
sinfonietta
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
I'd say no. It's a piercing that takes 3-6 months to heal so every time you remove the jewellery you would be reopening the wound and putting it at risk of infection. It is also very prone to irritation (swelling, bleeding, bumps) during the healing process even with minimal handling. You would be best off waiting until you leave/change jobs.
obrendanx
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 week ago
(Original post by sinfonietta)
I'd say no. It's a piercing that takes 3-6 months to heal so every time you remove the jewellery you would be reopening the wound and putting it at risk of infection. It is also very prone to irritation (swelling, bleeding, bumps) during the healing process even with minimal handling. You would be best off waiting until you leave/change jobs.
Ah I see thank you, it kinda sucks working in food areas since I’ll have to wait to but I think it will be worth the wait thank you for the help
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Which party will you be voting for in the General Election?

Conservatives (164)
19.36%
Labour (430)
50.77%
Liberal Democrats (113)
13.34%
Green Party (48)
5.67%
Brexit Party (12)
1.42%
Independent Group for Change (Change UK) (4)
0.47%
SNP (15)
1.77%
Plaid Cymru (4)
0.47%
Democratic Unionist Party (DUP) (0)
0%
Sinn Fein (6)
0.71%
SDLP (1)
0.12%
Ulster Unionist (4)