30th TSR General Election: Notification Watch

Andrew97
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 months ago
Under Section 3.3 of the constitution there will be an early General Election. The 29th parliament closes completely on Thursday 5th of December. Parties and independents have 7 days to submit a manifesto. Manifestos must be sent to the Speaker (Me) before 20:00 GMT on the 5th of December, this is a hard deadline and manifestos after this WILL NOT be accepted.

Manifesto Rules
– Manifestos submitted must be less than 600 words.
– Manifestos may not contain more than two image files.
– Manifestos may contain one audio or video file:
a) lasting less than 90 seconds
b) containing less than 200 words (not included in the manifesto word count)
c) not infringing on copyright law
– Manifestos may not contain pictures of, or quotes attributed to, any real-life figure, living or dead, political or otherwise.
– Where a manifesto is received with more than 600 words, the Speaker will cut the manifesto at the 600-word mark.
Any text in a manifesto that is included in an image file counts towards the word limit. A copy of any such text must be sent to me in the TSR text format alongside your manifesto.

Timetable
Thursday 28th November: Last day to submit new items
Friday 29th November : Last day for a new reading
Saturday 30th November: Last day for a division, all other items withdrawn

Thursday 28th November: Manifesto submissions open
Thursday 5th December: Term ends, parliament dissolved, voting opens
Thursday 12th December : Voting closes, verification

Friday 13th December: Verification hopefully complete, coalition negotiations open
Friday 20th December : New government in place, State Opening of Parliament
The Mogg
  • Political Ambassador
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 2 months ago
Exciting stuff. As per request of our glorious leader, I will put our full manifesto right here for your satisfaction, you're all welcome.

Last edited by The Mogg; 2 months ago
Glaz
  • Political Ambassador
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 2 months ago
Good luck folks :yy:
barnetlad
Rep:
?
Report 2 months ago
I will be standing again. Vote for Barnetlad for a green voice in the House.
Mr T 999
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 2 months ago
(Original post by The Mogg)
Exciting stuff. As per request of our glorious leader, I will put our full manifesto right here for your satisfaction, you're all welcome.

Why would you release your manifesto ealry?

Interesting that you have national insurance and income tax merger we Libers tried to do that last time and majority of the tories didn't back it and so it end up failing.
Last edited by Mr T 999; 2 months ago
The Mogg
  • Political Ambassador
Rep:
?
Report 2 months ago
(Original post by Mr T 999)

Interesting that you have national insurance and income tax merger we Libers tried to do that last time and your majority of the tories didn't back it and so it end up failing.
I will tag Baron of Sealand to answer your query, since it was his idea.
Edit: Well, long story short there was a miscommunication at Tory HQ. But despite that it'll stay anyway, out and proud.
Last edited by The Mogg; 2 months ago
Baron of Sealand
  • Political Ambassador
Rep:
?
Report 2 months ago

Interesting that you have national insurance and income tax merger we Libers tried to do that last time and majority of the tories didn't back it and so it end up failing.
There was a miscommunication. But it's not a bad thing. At least now people might read the full manifesto rather than just the "poster" that will be in the election OP later.
Baron of Sealand
  • Political Ambassador
Rep:
?
Report 2 months ago
Also just to say the full manifesto above is not final. There will be some changes.
barnetlad
Rep:
?
Report 2 months ago
(Original post by Baron of Sealand)
Also just to say the full manifesto above is not final. There will be some changes.
Will it be costed?
CatusStarbright
Rep:
?
Report 2 months ago
Here we go!
CatusStarbright
Rep:
?
Report 2 months ago
(Original post by The Mogg)
I will tag Baron of Sealand to answer your query, since it was his idea.
Edit: Well, long story short there was a miscommunication at Tory HQ. But despite that it'll stay anyway, out and proud.
Accidental leaking, marvellous :rofl:
Rakas21
Rep:
?
Report 2 months ago

If memory serves my issue with it was that it was unfunded and I stated that in debate. As part of an overall package I would very much support it.
(Original post by barnetlad)
Will it be costed?
A Conservative budget will always reduce the deficit overall vs RL.
(Original post by CatusStarbright)
Accidental leaking, marvellous :rofl:
In the context of an election where we will be unduly battered it’s probably no bad thing that potential suitors are able to see the potential broad scope of our ideas. Especially when we are clearly the strongest and most creative party when RL electoral distortion is put aside.
CatusStarbright
Rep:
?
Report 2 months ago
(Original post by Rakas21)
In the context of an election where we will be unduly battered it’s probably no bad thing that potential suitors are able to see the potential broad scope of our ideas. Especially when we are clearly the strongest and most creative party when RL electoral distortion is put aside.
Bold claims there Rakas.
Rakas21
Rep:
?
Report 2 months ago
Bold claims there Rakas.
At the current time it’s hard to argue against. Only the Liberal Party and Independents have had a performance worthy of rivalling us this term.
CatusStarbright
Rep:
?
Report 2 months ago
At the current time it’s hard to argue against. Only the Liberal Party and Independents have had a performance worthy of rivalling us this term.
barnetlad in particular is to be commended for his level of output this term.
CatusStarbright
Rep:
?
Report 2 months ago
Andrew97 can you confirm if there will be a leaders' (and independents') debate for the GE, and if so what will the format be?
Rakas21
Rep:
?
Report 2 months ago
barnetlad in particular is to be commended for his level of output this term.
Don’t be too modest, you and Aph have also made great contributions. The Conservative Party places great value and warmth on the contributions of Mhoc independents.
CatusStarbright
Rep:
?
Report 2 months ago
Don’t be too modest, you and Aph have also made great contributions. The Conservative Party places great value and warmth on the contributions of Mhoc independents.
I try, but I confess I put more into my DS role in terms of actual output this term.
Andrew97
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 months ago
Andrew97 can you confirm if there will be a leaders' (and independents') debate for the GE, and if so what will the format be?
I intend to sort This at the weekend

I try, but I confess I put more into my DS role in terms of actual output this term.
Can’t keep out my inbox....😈
barnetlad
Rep:
?
Report 2 months ago
I am grateful for the comments about my contribution and especially for the House passing my Animal Welfare Bill.

I don’t plan to publish my manifesto in advance. I will make my first policy announcement though. I support a referendum on the proposed Withdrawal Agreement with the EU with an option to Remain. If this happens I will campaign for Remain.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

People at uni: do initiations (like heavy drinking) put you off joining sports societies?

Yes (196)
67.82%
No (93)
32.18%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed