Baron of Sealand
  • Political Ambassador
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 2 months ago
(Original post by CatusStarbright)
Bold claims there Rakas.
We have many policies that the real-life party doesn't have, and we have convered a lot of different aspects. I do think at least in terms of scope and content we will be the best.

If it turns out that everyone else is stepping up then it'll be good for the country.
barnetlad
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 2 months ago
(Original post by Baron of Sealand)
We have many policies that the real-life party doesn't have, and we have convered a lot of different aspects. I do think at least in terms of scope and content we will be the best.

If it turns out that everyone else is stepping up then it'll be good for the country.
The real life Conservative party isn't going to build up to 8 new airport runways, make flying a lot cheaper, or have Israel part of NATO.
Jammy Duel
  • Political Ambassador
Rep:
?
Report 2 months ago
(Original post by barnetlad)
Will it be costed?
Even if it is it will be costed wrong, Rakas has demonstrated time and time again he cannot cost to save his life
(Original post by Rakas21)
A Conservative budget will always reduce the deficit overall vs RL.
The record isn't too good on that one, the last Tory budget caused the deficit to surge to levels not seen for nearly a decade.
Mr T 999
Rep:
?
Report 2 months ago
In the context of an election where we will be unduly battered it’s probably no bad thing that potential suitors are able to see the potential broad scope of our ideas. Especially when we are clearly the strongest and most creative party when RL electoral distortion is put aside.
It was costed.
Jammy Duel
  • Political Ambassador
Rep:
?
Report 2 months ago
If memory serves my issue with it was that it was unfunded and I stated that in debate. As part of an overall package I would very much support it.

A Conservative budget will always reduce the deficit overall vs RL.

In the context of an election where we will be unduly battered it’s probably no bad thing that potential suitors are able to see the potential broad scope of our ideas. Especially when we are clearly the strongest and most creative party when RL electoral distortion is put aside.
So strong that many of you rarely leave your bunker for fear of having your views challenged, and so strong that those who do shy away from really trying to convince people the ideas are good
Baron of Sealand
  • Political Ambassador
Rep:
?
Report 2 months ago
(Original post by Jammy Duel)
So strong that many of you rarely leave your bunker for fear of having your views challenged, and so strong that those who do shy away from really trying to convince people the ideas are good
Of course none of us is as strong as you are, since you would never admit to be wrong about anything. All you do is to make the same accusations against us over and over again, perhaps as an attempt to annoy all of us enough so we will finally all collectively ignore you.
Baron of Sealand
  • Political Ambassador
Rep:
?
Report 2 months ago
(Original post by barnetlad)
The real life Conservative party isn't going to build up to 8 new airport runways, make flying a lot cheaper, or have Israel part of NATO.
This doesn't push for NATO membership, but partnership. You do realize even Russia is a NATO partner?
barnetlad
Rep:
?
Report 2 months ago
Thoughts for the two people who were stabbed to death on London Bridge yesterday, and praise for the police and the public in their brave and quick actions.
Jammy Duel
  • Political Ambassador
Rep:
?
Report 2 months ago
(Original post by Baron of Sealand)
Of course none of us is as strong as you are, since you would never admit to be wrong about anything. All you do is to make the same accusations against us over and over again, perhaps as an attempt to annoy all of us enough so we will finally all collectively ignore you.
Well I would invite you and your party to answer the simple questions, or maybe not so simple after all given the frequent incapability. Of course we live in quite a spectacular world where one of the major possibilities for Chancellor after this election has a track record is much like Sajid Javid, takes the view that if you try to increase spending and decrease taxes at the same time the deficit will turn into a surplus and who struggles with the basic idea that simply borrowing money doesn't make you any richer. We have a potential foreign secretary that is terrified of posting on site, probably for fear of being shown up as an absolute moron who can do little but quote what other people say and a defence secretary who holds the view that our allies are more dangerous to us than our enemies and we shouldn't take steps to ensure that we are in fit state to go to war with those we are most likely to go to war with.
Baron of Sealand
  • Political Ambassador
Rep:
?
Report 2 months ago
(Original post by Jammy Duel)
Well I would invite you and your party to answer the simple questions, or maybe not so simple after all given the frequent incapability. Of course we live in quite a spectacular world where one of the major possibilities for Chancellor after this election has a track record is much like Sajid Javid, takes the view that if you try to increase spending and decrease taxes at the same time the deficit will turn into a surplus and who struggles with the basic idea that simply borrowing money doesn't make you any richer. We have a potential foreign secretary that is terrified of posting on site, probably for fear of being shown up as an absolute moron who can do little but quote what other people say and a defence secretary who holds the view that our allies are more dangerous to us than our enemies and we shouldn't take steps to ensure that we are in fit state to go to war with those we are most likely to go to war with.
I answered every single question you ever posed to me as far as I can tell, and I don't take a week to do it before accusing someone of not answering the question.
Miss Maddie
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 2 months ago
The Tories like manifestos that are difficult to read. The blue and white doesn't go well together. It's blurry too
CatusStarbright
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 2 months ago
(Original post by Miss Maddie)
The Tories like manifestos that are difficult to read. The blue and white doesn't go well together. It's blurry too
Hopefully the finished one will be better.
barnetlad
Rep:
?
Report 2 months ago
I make my second policy announcement.

There should be no new licences for diesel taxis and minicabs, and all of them should be phased out in five years. Our city and town centre air quality is some of the poorest in Europe in some places, and so ending the largest single group of diesel motor vehicles will help improve air quality.
CatusStarbright
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 2 months ago
My manifesto is currently in the pipeline! Policy decisions are being made, and design options are being debated.
Last edited by CatusStarbright; 2 months ago
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

People at uni: do initiations (like heavy drinking) put you off joining sports societies?

Yes (479)
66.44%
No (242)
33.56%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise