Are these A level subjects suitable for a Law degree?

Watch
lcmoll.x
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
I’m currently in year 12 studying Biology, Chemistry, Geography and Maths. I initially wanted to pursue a science related degree but have recently been considering Law. My only problem is my lack of essay based subjects. Although I have geography which is pretty essay based, my other subjects are very scientific. Would these still be suitable for a Law degree, or should I have picked English Literature instead? I could do an EPQ which I’ve been told greatly improves my chances, but would my A level subjects make it harder to get accepted into a university for Law?
swanseajack1
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
There are no set subjects for Law and many get in with science A levels. Check the individual universities requirements before applying just in case.
harrysbar
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
That's right, you get the odd one who say they prefer an essay based subject but most unis don't care so just check the individual websites. As for the EPQ, that could be an idea if you are dropping down to 3 A levels but 4 A levels plus an EPQ is too much for most people (and not necessary).

It isn't true that doing an EPQ will greatly improve your chances of getting an offer but it could help you practice your essay writing skills and some unis give you a slightly reduced offer if you have an EPQ (AAB instead of AAA if you have an A in the EPQ, for example)
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Should there be a new university admissions system that ditches predicted grades?

No, I think predicted grades should still be used to make offers (639)
33.47%
Yes, I like the idea of applying to uni after I received my grades (PQA) (806)
42.22%
Yes, I like the idea of receiving offers only after I receive my grades (PQO) (378)
19.8%
I think there is a better option than the ones suggested (let us know in the thread!) (86)
4.5%

Watched Threads