charlieeexo
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 6 days ago
I’m currently studying a level 3 travel and tourism national diploma, which I’m predicted to receive D*D at the end of the two years. I’ve looked at various universities to apply for, and if I receive the correct grades I’ll have enough UCAS points to apply for. My question is if international Relations could be associated with travel and tourism? As I’m hoping to apply to this uni degree or global development and politics, although I don’t study these subjects at a levels. I’d hate to apply for a degree and end up failing.
Liverpool Hope University
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 6 days ago
(Original post by charlieeexo)
I’m currently studying a level 3 travel and tourism national diploma, which I’m predicted to receive D*D at the end of the two years. I’ve looked at various universities to apply for, and if I receive the correct grades I’ll have enough UCAS points to apply for. My question is if international Relations could be associated with travel and tourism? As I’m hoping to apply to this uni degree or global development and politics, although I don’t study these subjects at a levels. I’d hate to apply for a degree and end up failing.
Hi charlieeexo

It is great to hear that you are interested in studying at university.

I would say that you have nothing to fear. The core skills of IR can be found in your current qualification, i.e good grammar, critical thinking, construction of an argument. You will also have your first year at university to really get to terms with the specifics of the course and the field. One of the main reasons why universities don't count Year 1 towards your final classification, or at least very little, is that students need an opportunity to get to grips with academic work.

I would recommend having a read of some core textbooks to help you understand what I being said. This will help you hit the ground running for th start of university.

Hope this helps.
Dom
charlieeexo
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 6 days ago
(Original post by Liverpool Hope University)
Hi charlieeexo

It is great to hear that you are interested in studying at university.

I would say that you have nothing to fear. The core skills of IR can be found in your current qualification, i.e good grammar, critical thinking, construction of an argument. You will also have your first year at university to really get to terms with the specifics of the course and the field. One of the main reasons why universities don't count Year 1 towards your final classification, or at least very little, is that students need an opportunity to get to grips with academic work.

I would recommend having a read of some core textbooks to help you understand what I being said. This will help you hit the ground running for th start of university.

Hope this helps.
Dom
Thank you Dom! This has most definitely put my mind at ease, looking forward for the future
Liverpool Hope University
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 6 days ago
(Original post by charlieeexo)
Thank you Dom! This has most definitely put my mind at ease, looking forward for the future
Hi there charlieeexo

You're welcome and good luck!
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Which party will you be voting for in the General Election?

Conservatives (5)
13.51%
Labour (20)
54.05%
Liberal Democrats (4)
10.81%
Green Party (4)
10.81%
Brexit Party (0)
0%
Independent Group for Change (Change UK) (0)
0%
SNP (1)
2.7%
Plaid Cymru (0)
0%
Democratic Unionist Party (DUP) (0)
0%
Sinn Fein (1)
2.7%
SDLP (0)
0%
Ulster Unionist (0)