What are the most annoying platitudes? Watch

holly6901
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
'don't stress over gcses, a level is much harder' I do a level now but stress is relative and so far I prefer a levels because there's less subjects
Obolinda
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 week ago
(Original post by holly6901)
'don't stress over gcses, a level is much harder' I do a level now but stress is relative and so far I prefer a levels because there's less subjects
gjd800
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
'I am entitled to my opinion'

You are entitled to that for which you can reasonably argue, otherwise your opinion is crap
Obolinda
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 week ago
(Original post by gjd800)

You are entitled to that for which you can reasonably argue, otherwise your opinion is crap
I agree the phrase is annoying. But hey, I'm entitled to crap opinions 😂
Oxford Mum
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
I went on match.com and received very few messages. They all fed me lies, and I was able to check these out. For example one of them was an opera lovers with a good job from Nottingham. He turned out to be in a relationship, lived down south, had never seen the opera in question and his job was knocking off illegal number plates and trying to keep two steps away from the police...

Another pretended to be able to fly a plane. When I told him my son could fly a Cessna he changed the subject pretty quick. He said he lived in Doncaster but he actually lived near derby. He was bragging how a friend was so successful he spent every few weeks in the std clinic. When I registered disgust he got up and decided he had to mow his lawn!

Mind you I met a guy last month in a disco and he was just as adept at lying.
Chronoscope
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
Not sure if it is one but "team work makes the dream work". It should be a slogan for group projects.
holly6901
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by gjd800)

you're entitled to your opinion you're also entitled to me thinking it's bull**** since you can't back it up
gjd800
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by holly6901)
you're entitled to your opinion you're also entitled to me thinking it's bull**** since you can't back it up
Pretty much it!

It's lazy, really

They don't need to think or critique cos they are 'entitled' to think it. Madness
FakeNewsEditor
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
Just be yourself.

NOW, hear me out before you pelt me with things. That is a good phrase if it means don't pretend to be something you're not solely to get some adv in life. 'Tis great.

But, it is usually taken to mean ''just remain in the same state you've been since you were 6 - a spoiled, evil, self-involved piece of ****''.
Wired_1800
  • Political Ambassador
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by Oxford Mum)
I went on match.com and received very few messages. They all fed me lies, and I was able to check these out. For example one of them was an opera lovers with a good job from Nottingham. He turned out to be in a relationship, lived down south, had never seen the opera in question and his job was knocking off illegal number plates and trying to keep two steps away from the police...

Another pretended to be able to fly a plane. When I told him my son could fly a Cessna he changed the subject pretty quick. He said he lived in Doncaster but he actually lived near derby. He was bragging how a friend was so successful he spent every few weeks in the std clinic. When I registered disgust he got up and decided he had to mow his lawn!

Mind you I met a guy last month in a disco and he was just as adept at lying.
Hopefully, you find someone soon. Online dating can be hit or miss.
Oxford Mum
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
That’s lovely of you, wired. In my case it was completely miss! I weaned myself off the sites when my son said “who’s going to reject you today, mum?”
harrysbar
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by Oxford Mum)
What was the worst crime - being in a relationship, a liar, a criminal or living down south?
Oxford Mum
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by harrysbar)
What was the worst crime - being in a relationship, a liar, a criminal or living down south?
All of them if they are lies. Why can’t men actually tell the truth? Would it kill them? Just going to the next bop right now, ready to meet more losers? Pity I can’t fit my portable lie detector in my handbag
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Which party will you be voting for in the General Election?

Conservatives (172)
19.11%
Labour (459)
51%
Liberal Democrats (120)
13.33%
Green Party (53)
5.89%
Brexit Party (13)
1.44%
Independent Group for Change (Change UK) (4)
0.44%
SNP (15)
1.67%
Plaid Cymru (4)
0.44%
Democratic Unionist Party (DUP) (0)
0%
Sinn Fein (6)
0.67%
SDLP (1)
0.11%
Ulster Unionist (4)