Astronaut_
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 week ago
We've had a couple of assessments and tests over the past few months and I've not been performing well to my expectations. I've taken Edexcel IAL Maths, Further Maths, Physics and Cambridge Computer Science. I've done past paper questions, but I don't seem to be doing good. I did well on my GCSE's and I got A* and A for Physics, and Maths, but this term I am barely getting an A in most of my subjects.

I'm also having issues with time too. I take way too long to complete tests in the amount of time. Our whole class is having the same problem too. We're having internals right now, so we just sat a P1 paper on Tuesday, and I didn't have enough time to complete the whole paper and check it again. The same happened for Physics today too, I wasn't able to complete the last question and lost a few marks, maybe 3-4. I have Further Maths tomorrow and I am really nervous.

Sorry I sound all over the place, but I don't know what I am doing wrong. I really want to get good marks.
Torigracex
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
This is sadly the reality of A levels! I used to have plenty of time at GCSE to check entire papers over once or even twice during exams (got 9s and a couple of 8s) and now I’m writing all the way up to the end of the test time, as is pretty much everyone in all my classes. I’m aiming for A/A*s but my grade fluctuates between A*s and Cs (again, never got below an A before year 12), and that’s the story for most people at a level. Everyone struggles with A levels during the start of year 12 and you gradually get the hang of how to answer the new types of questions. Keep doing practice questions and make sure you really do know the content like the back of your hand! Hope this helps x
Torigracex
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
Another thing is over time you learn how to work more efficiently so you can answer questions faster and more accurately without the need to check over things as much
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you work while at uni?

Yes I work at university (44)
33.33%
No I don't (62)
46.97%
I work during the holidays (26)
19.7%

Watched Threads