Bella.tigerlily
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 months ago
Can anyone help me out with a couple quite similar questions for physics:

1 - a battery of emf 4v and internal resistance of 1 ohm is connected to a 9 ohm resistor. Calculate the current that flows around the circuit.

2 - 3 identical cells each of emf 2v and internal resistance 0.5 ohm are connected in series to a lamp of resistance 2.5 ohm. What current flows?

I just can’t work out if the internal resistance affects the current. Is the r in v=ir just external resistance or external plus internal?
Joinedup
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 4 months ago
(Original post by Bella.tigerlily)
Can anyone help me out with a couple quite similar questions for physics:

1 - a battery of emf 4v and internal resistance of 1 ohm is connected to a 9 ohm resistor. Calculate the current that flows around the circuit.

2 - 3 identical cells each of emf 2v and internal resistance 0.5 ohm are connected in series to a lamp of resistance 2.5 ohm. What current flows?

I just can’t work out if the internal resistance affects the current. Is the r in v=ir just external resistance or external plus internal?
it's internal plus external resistance
Bella.tigerlily
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 months ago
(Original post by Joinedup)
it's internal plus external resistance
Ahh thanks so much!
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Regarding Ofqual's most recent update, do you think you will be given a fair grade this summer?

Yes (260)
33.99%
No (505)
66.01%

Watched Threads