how do i get motivated Watch

uncreativedennis
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 week ago
i literally cant find any motivation to study for my alevels. i scare myself by telling myself that i wont get anywhere in life with no revision but it doesnt work and i still dont revise. i really want to but i dont know how to actually get myself to do it. anyone have any advice?

ForestShadow
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
I think not getting anywhere in life is a very long term goal and long term motivation

its better if you focus on the short term first and set a small goal

how about aiming to do a 30minute/1 hour session for starters and just starting with organising notes/compiling all the teaching materials needed

take smaller steps and set up properly and Im sure you can do it
Liverpool Hope University
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by uncreativedennis)
i literally cant find any motivation to study for my alevels. i scare myself by telling myself that i wont get anywhere in life with no revision but it doesnt work and i still dont revise. i really want to but i dont know how to actually get myself to do it. anyone have any advice?
Hi there uncreativedennis

As ForestShadow says, looking very long term can actually demotivate you, look shorter term, so A-Levels will get you into university (if that's your aim), then you have the longer term of A-Levels helping you get the career you want.

It's much easier to implement and stick to a regular and successful study schedule if you are studying SMART.
o Set yourself goals.
o Make study techniques that promote greater results.
o Ask for help.
o Reward yourself for progress.
o Take a Break.

S: Set yourself goals for study. For example, make up an exam/essay question and work towards answering it.
M: Remember VARK. Are you a Visual learner, Audio learner, Reading learner or Kinaesthetic learner. Use study techniques that will promote the best learning for yourself.
A: If you are struggling with anything ask your teacher for help. Their job is to help you with your studies. Alternatively, use study guides or the internet to help breakdown tough subjects.
R: When you hit your goals, complete work and meet important deadlines reward yourself with treats. For example, make watching an episode of your favourite show your reward for completing tasks.
T: When you’ve finished studying take breaks. Go for a walk, hang with friends or get a cup of tea and watch TV.

I hope this helps!

Fi :horse:
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• Arts University Bournemouth
    Postgraduate Open Afternoon Postgraduate
    Thu, 12 Dec '19
  • Trinity Laban Conservatoire of Music and Dance
    Musical Theatre Undergraduate
    Fri, 13 Dec '19
  • Bournemouth University
    Midwifery Open Day at Portsmouth Campus Undergraduate
    Wed, 18 Dec '19

Do you work while at uni?