My school and social life: a blog Watch

Eyeux
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
I’m just going to post stuff on here like my grades, how I’m feeling, etc. I always find it really useful to talk about stuff, and this might be a good place to share advice and experiences

Here’s a short introduction to me:
I’m a 14 year old girl in year 10, quite studious, I have two younger brothers and a very cute dog, and I live in London. That’s really brief but I’ll fill you in more when I post in the future.
GCSE options and predicted grades:
Maths - 9
English Lit - 8
English Lang - 8
Biology - 8
Chemistry - 8
Physics -8
RS - 8
French - 8
Latin - 9
Computing - 8
Engineering - 8

My favourite subjects are probably maths, physics and computing, and I’d like to do something to do with those topics in the future; maybe work at Google (which would be awesome) or study quantum physics. My dream university courses would be physics and computer science at Oxford as I’ve researched them and they seem really interesting. I know it’s improbable that I will get in but I’m going to try my best to do so - there are lots of other wonderful options too.
I know it’s still a little way off, but for a level my ideal options would be maths, further maths, physics and computing. I’m not doing fm GCSE as my school doesn’t offer it (despite being a grammar e-e) but I definitely would have taken it otherwise.

If you wanna ask me a question or just say hi then please do! I posted this before but wanted to change the title so I’ve moved to here now
Last edited by Eyeux; 1 month ago
Eyeux
Rep:
?
29/11/19
Hello! Here are the lessons I had today:
English - studied another chapter of Pigeon English
Maths - did some worksheets on construction and loci
Double French - went through our writing assessments (I got an 8!)
Double biology - we did the decay practical which was fun
Overall it was a good day. I got four pieces of homework and I have no idea when I’m going to do it because I’m really busy this weekend :/
Tomorrow I have music school and then I’m sleeping over at my friends, and then on Sunday me, my friend and some of her friends from her school (she goes to another school - I met her in year 1) are all going to the London dungeons for her birthday. I’m terrified because I’m absolutely terrible with scary things and I know no one else going (except for my friend). I’m quite introverted but hopefully I’ll make some friends and enjoy it.
It’s Friday so tonight I’m just going to relax!
Eyeux
Rep:
?
30/11/19
Hey, it’s me again :P
I’m at my friends house tonight for a sleepover, we’re just chilling and listening to music. I’ve known her so long she’s like family so it’s always really nice.

Today I had music school - it was okay. I tend to want to just get through the day, I’m leaving at the end this school so that’s okay I guess. I’ve been going for almost 11 years so I guess it was nostalgia which made me stay for this year. Oh well.
Tomorrow we’re going to the London dungeons which I’m scared about but it should be fine I think. I’ll try not to cry!
Eyeux
Rep:
?
1/12/19
I went to the London dungeons today! It wasn’t actually that bad. They didn’t touch us or anything but we got a bit wet. I can’t say I learnt much history though - I was too busy screaming. The other people who went were nice. There were two girls who mainly talked among themselves but I made a new friend who’s in year 11 and she seems lovely.
Tomorrow I’m back at school. I guess it’s not too bad though as I tend to enjoy school and there are only three weeks left until Christmas. It’s just hard work because I have a long commute (like an hour) so I have to wake up and travel for ages. Sigh.
Happy December, everyone!
Eyeux
Rep:
?
2/12/19
Hi! I was back at school today
These were my lessons:
Latin - did a vocab test (12/12!) and read a story
RS - cover lesson so I did the cover work and went on insta
French - learned imperatives and places in town
PE - played benchball
RS - another cover lesson so I did the cover work about the significance of Jesus which took the whole lesson
Maths - went through worksheets and attempted some trig/algebra questions
When I got home, I practiced for my piano concert on Wednesday (aaah) and practiced my violin and flute pieces. I think I’m going to drop one or two of my instruments because it’s getting a bit much, especially with GCSEs on the horizon. I’ll probably quit flute. After that I went on my phone for like half an hour and then went up stairs. I did homework for an hour or so, mainly English, and then had dinner with my mum and brothers. My dad was at work. I had my piano lesson after that, which was fine, and then watched TV with my mum and brother. Today was fine overall really.
23 days until Christmas!
Eyeux
Rep:
?
4/12/19
Hey guys. I realise I forgot to post yesterday, sorry :/
But it’s not like anyone reads this anyway lol!
SO today I had three doubles which means I only had three subjects:
Engineering - we’re making screwdrivers but I literally did nothing as the wait for the anvil was so long so I just did some maths questions for Young’s modulus and stuff
Computing - learned about arrays. I’ve nearly finished all of the programming workbooks and just have to type up my last code (it’s already planned). There are three workbooks and they go up to a level standard. Idk what I’ll do now but yeahhh
Chemistry - we learned about moles and using them to balance equations. I don’t see why you can’t just simply balance the equation but I suppose we need the knowledge for harder, more complex equations in the future.
After school I had a piano concert! It went fine, actually, I’m quite happy. Then me and the fam went for curry which was lovely. Tomorrow morning I’m going to the dentist to get my mouth night brace thingy moulded. I’m not sure quite what it is but i have temporomandibular joint disorder (basically a funky jaw) so apparently I need it. 🤷🏻*♀️
I’m kind of scared as they might inject me or something but I’ll see what happens I guess.
21 days until Christmas!
Eyeux
Rep:
?
8/12/19
Hi! I had a kind of busy weekend so I couldn’t post anything. Today i had:
Latin - vocab test (12/12) and direct questions
RS - Jesus’s resurrection and going over homework - I didn’t do very well on the 8 mark question but I did it again and I felt much more confident. I think it’s because I was rushing last week as we had cover so I didn’t really bother.
French - the pronoun ‘y’
English - we studied Neutral Tones by Thomas Hardy
RS - Resurrection and representation in film
Maths - revised for test tomorrow!
The dentist was fine. They put a weird gummy thing in my mouth but they didn’t inject me and hopefully it won’t hurt too much when they put it in.
17 days until Christmas!
Eyeux
Rep:
?
11/12/19
Hello! I wrote an entry yesterday but it didn’t post
Lessons:
Double engineering: finished making my screwdriver (mine is ugly lol) and started the orthographic drawing
Double computing: learned about procedures and I finally handed in my programming workbooks! The whole computing department knows I’ve completed the booklet so I feel like they’ll be really scrupulous when checking my code. I am happy with my work of course - there are some codes I’m really proud of in there, a couple of them took an hour or so to finish. Also, we had a kind of mini test (very impromptu) and I got 15/15!
Double chemistry: more moles/quantitative chemistry. I find it quite fun as you do the same thing each time and it’s really simple. I got almost all of the answers correct.
Wednesday is probably my favourite day in terms of lessons, as it’s just STEM.
My doggo had his neutering operation today, and the vet left the cannula in. Hopefully it won’t get infected. My baby has to wear a lil cone. He feels very sorry for himself.
14 days until Christmas!
Bruinsgirl40
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Nice predicted grades, good luck to you and i hope you do brilliantly!
Eyeux
Rep:
?
Thank you! I hope you do too!
Eyeux
Rep:
?
13/12/19
Britain is completely f***ed. I hate Boris Johnson aaaah. I might just move to Germany.
Yesterday’s lessons:
Double Latin: time phrases and personal pronouns
English: read more of pigeon English
Engineering: I learned to solder! It was really fun, and we got our own circuit boards - it was so cool.
English: cover lesson. I made a timeline of the events that took place in a certain part of pigeon English.
PE: benchball. Again. I managed to get on the bench almost every time, though!
12 days until Christmas!
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How many universities have you heard back from?

14.1%
12.22%
12.57%
17.98%
23.15%
19.98%

Watched Threads