The Student Room Group

Lecture Attendance

Hi
So my attendance in uni is very poor, however, I am on track with on all my lectures as I can get all the material online. I just don't find lectures helpful, a tutor stood in front of the board reading off a powerpoint just bores me. I've had a few emails about attendance which are automatic ones. I'm just wondering if there is a procedure at uni's about attendance. In the email it says if bad attendance continues then a formal meeting will be held. I'm just wondering what this involves?
Original post by Nicole2344
Hi
So my attendance in uni is very poor, however, I am on track with on all my lectures as I can get all the material online. I just don't find lectures helpful, a tutor stood in front of the board reading off a powerpoint just bores me. I've had a few emails about attendance which are automatic ones. I'm just wondering if there is a procedure at uni's about attendance. In the email it says if bad attendance continues then a formal meeting will be held. I'm just wondering what this involves?

You should be attending even if you think they’re unhelpful. If you get summoned to a formal meeting then you’ll be formally warned to start attending or be withdrawn from the course. Attending now is better than waiting until formal procedures kick in.
Hi

Hi there @Nicole2344

As @PQ says, you should be attending your lectures even if you do not enjoy them, especially if you've received emails about your attendance. Universities can have different policies regarding low attendance levels, but a formal meeting could lead to a warning to attend or be withdrawn from the course. Have you spoken to your personal tutor or the student administration depart at your university about the emails?

Fi :horse:
Reply 3
Original post by Liverpool Hope University
Hi there @Nicole2344

As @PQ says, you should be attending your lectures even if you do not enjoy them, especially if you've received emails about your attendance. Universities can have different policies regarding low attendance levels, but a formal meeting could lead to a warning to attend or be withdrawn from the course. Have you spoken to your personal tutor or the student administration depart at your university about the emails?

Yes I spoke to the academic advisor as the attendance email is no longer being monitored. I explained that my attendance is low partly because of my anxiety and partly because I don't engage with the course anymore. I want to sent another email requesting a meeting just so that I do not get kicked off my course, but I don't know how to word it
Yes I spoke to the academic advisor as the attendance email is no longer being monitored. I explained that my attendance is low partly because of my anxiety and partly because I don't engage with the course anymore. I want to sent another email requesting a meeting just so that I do not get kicked off my course, but I don't know how to word it

Hi there @Nicole2344

Did the academic adviser not advise you on going forward and who to contact? They should be able to assist you with sending an email to the correct person. Have you asked your personal tutor for advice?

Reply 5
Hi there @Nicole2344

Did the academic adviser not advise you on going forward and who to contact? They should be able to assist you with sending an email to the correct person. Have you asked your personal tutor for advice?

He said that he had noticed my attendance and hoped it would be back on track soon. My meeting would be with him anyway if it did go that far. But other than that there was no other advice in the email
He said that he had noticed my attendance and hoped it would be back on track soon. My meeting would be with him anyway if it did go that far. But other than that there was no other advice in the email

Hi there,

You should contact him again and ask for a meeting to discuss your attendance. As you've already met him, you can just ask for a meeting and explain what you need the meeting for.

Reply 7
Hi there,

You should contact him again and ask for a meeting to discuss your attendance. As you've already met him, you can just ask for a meeting and explain what you need the meeting for.

Yes but I don't know how to word the email. It's really just for piece of mind because my anxiety is going crazy because of this
Yes but I don't know how to word the email. It's really just for piece of mind because my anxiety is going crazy because of this

Hi there,

You can just say that you're still worried over your attendance and explain about your anxiety is getting worse over this and can you arrange a meeting.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending