Chickenqueen
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
Hi guys,

I was wondering if anybody has transferred from one uni to another, using just their foundation degree, in recent years? Only because the posts I see regarding this have been quite a few years ago.

Also if it’s possible to even transfer with quite bad A level grades, moderate GCSE grades (A in eng Lang, B in all sciences and C in maths Etc) but a really good foundation year?

Thank you!
PQ
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by Chickenqueen)
Hi guys,

I was wondering if anybody has transferred from one uni to another, using just their foundation degree, in recent years? Only because the posts I see regarding this have been quite a few years ago.

Also if it’s possible to even transfer with quite bad A level grades, moderate GCSE grades (A in eng Lang, B in all sciences and C in maths Etc) but a really good foundation year?

Thank you!
Do you mean a foundation year or a foundation degree? The 2 are completely different and if you talk to universities about transferring with a foundation degree if you’re doing a foundation year then you are likely to get incorrect advice.

If you look at the top of the applications, clearing and ucas forum there’s a thread called University Transfer FAQ. The first post explains what you need to do to arrange a transfer - that all applies if you’re transferring after a foundation year too. You will need a reference from your current university, a full ucas application and you need to talk to universities you want to change to asap to avoid wasting any of your choices. Because you’re applying for first year entry you need to try to meet the January 15 ucas deadline.

A transfer like this is considered using your gift year of funding by student finance - so if you fail and need to repeat a year later you would not get a tuition fee loan for the extra year. It’s important that you’re confident that you are making the right choices
Last edited by PQ; 1 year ago
Chickenqueen
Rep:
?
(Original post by PQ)
Do you mean a foundation year or a foundation degree? The 2 are completely different and if you talk to universities about transferring with a foundation degree if you’re doing a foundation year then you are likely to get incorrect advice.

If you look at the top of the applications, clearing and ucas forum there’s a thread called University Transfer FAQ. The first post explains what you need to do to arrange a transfer - that all applies if you’re transferring after a foundation year too. You will need a reference from your current university, a full ucas application and you need to talk to universities you want to change to asap to avoid wasting any of your choices. Because you’re applying for first year entry you need to try to meet the January 15 ucas deadline.

A transfer like this is considered using your gift year of funding by student finance - so if you fail and need to repeat a year later you would not get a tuition fee loan for the extra year. It’s important that you’re confident that you are making the right choices
Thank you so much honestly, sorry I couldn’t reply earlier but you’ve been great help!!!!!!!! You didn’t have to help me this much but u did and for that I do appreciate it!!
username4188652
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
I am doing a Foundation year at a college in London. I applied for universities trough UCAS and 3/5 universities accepted me so I guess the answer is yes.
Chickenqueen
Rep:
?
(Original post by Faizan Maqsood)
I am doing a Foundation year at a college in London. I applied for universities trough UCAS and 3/5 universities accepted me so I guess the answer is yes.
Omg really!! What universities did u apply for? I didn’t apply this year because I contacted ucl and Queen Mary’s and they said they don’t accept foundation transfers (( so I just thought probably no unis accept them and to just wait till after first year. Also does your foundation degree give you a certificate at the end? I think I still have time to send off my ucas as well!
username4188652
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
UCL doesn’t but I think Queen Mary University does accept it. I applied to Newcastle, Durham, Royal Holloway, Exeter and Lancaster. I got offers from Newcastle, Exeter and Royal Holloway. Waking for Durham to make a decision and Lancaster rejected it saying that don’t accept the qualification. There are so many other unis that accept it. Kings College is a good one.
Chickenqueen
Rep:
?
(Original post by Faizan Maqsood)
UCL doesn’t but I think Queen Mary University does accept it. I applied to Newcastle, Durham, Royal Holloway, Exeter and Lancaster. I got offers from Newcastle, Exeter and Royal Holloway. Waking for Durham to make a decision and Lancaster rejected it saying that don’t accept the qualification. There are so many other unis that accept it. Kings College is a good one.
Oh you’re going to live out! Cool! Congratulations on your offers!! Was there any reason you didn’t apply to any London ones or was it just due to preference? I don’t think I’ll be able to move out 🥺 but thank you so much!! I appreciate it loads
username4188652
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by Chickenqueen)
Oh you’re going to live out! Cool! Congratulations on your offers!! Was there any reason you didn’t apply to any London ones or was it just due to preference? I don’t think I’ll be able to move out 🥺 but thank you so much!! I appreciate it loads
I’m doing college in London so I wanted to move out(everything’s cheap too😀 in other areas). I’m sure there are loads in London that accept it. Thank you and best of luck
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you think receiving Teacher Assessed Grades will impact your future?

I'm worried it will negatively impact me getting into university/college (27)
38.57%
I'm worried that I’m not academically prepared for the next stage in my educational journey (6)
8.57%
I'm worried it will impact my future career (4)
5.71%
I'm worried that my grades will be seen as ‘lesser’ because I didn’t take exams (21)
30%
I don’t think that receiving these grades will impact my future (7)
10%
I think that receiving these grades will affect me in another way (let us know in the discussion!) (5)
7.14%

Watched Threads