Harvey Proctor: Former MP secures £900k Met payout over 'Nick' claims Watch

Napp
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 weeks ago
To be honest i think the payout should have been substantially higher given the truly offensive nature of the 'investigation' and destruction of numerous innocent peoples reputations, some from beyond the grave no less.

https://www.bbc.com/news/uk-50596148
z-hog
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
This was one of the most shocking cases of the year, there probably should be about half a dozen people being locked up for good measure instead of showering the victims with pubic money and sticking two fingers at everybody as the police can do. God forbid any of us ever falls prey to them as all the people who were subjected to absolute torture and had their lives destroyed like Proctor, everyone responsible has now been promoted or retired as they always do. Truly appalling, a terrible indictment of the state of this country.
Just my opinion
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
Instead everybody responsible will walk away with their career band pensions intact.
Reality Check
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
(Original post by Napp)
To be honest i think the payout should have been substantially higher given the truly offensive nature of the 'investigation' and destruction of numerous innocent peoples reputations, some from beyond the grave no less.

https://www.bbc.com/news/uk-50596148
I agree with you. £900K is obviously a lot of money, but it doesn't put his life back together. Every time I've heard him interviewed on the radio he sounds like a totally broken man. Really, no amount of money is going to make it better, but at least a substantial payout recognise the scale of the harm caused by the police 'investigation'.
the bear
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
(Original post by z-hog)
. God forbid any of us ever falls prey to them as all the people who were subjected to absolute torture and had their lives destroyed like Proctor, everyone responsible has now been promoted or retired as they always do. Truly appalling, a terrible indictment of the state of this country.
although many people had their lives ruined, they were not actually tortured. that would happen in China but not here.
looloo2134
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
good
z-hog
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
This isn't just about the money, even if it's our money we're talking about. The police don't have money and the costs of all these cases where they go nuts in pursuit of some sort of social-agenda land on the public purse. It's the police's conduct that is at stake here, these things don't just happen and they were very aware all along of what they were doing, judge Henriques is as appalled as anybody at the catalogue of dishonesty and plain falsehoods they indulged in along the way. The sap in charge of the whole thing is now the head of the national crime unit, the same treatment that landed the person in charge of JCM's killing the head of the Met. They are totally shameless and see themselves above the law, circling the wagons and telling everyone to go plant a tree. It's absolutely rotten, this state of affairs. Really, they just laugh at us with impunity.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Did you vote in the 2019 general election?

Yes (353)
46.33%
No (81)
10.63%
I'm not old enough (328)
43.04%

Watched Threads