rosalind1
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 6 days ago
So I have had toothaches on and off the past few days been dentist and he said its cos you don't brush gums well so I have brushed and done all the home remedies etc but now it's gone but aches at night only we'll now its gone I have only had pain last night has anyone been through something similar if so what did u do
cantstrivehelp!
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 6 days ago
i guess go to the dentist ?
Deborahjade
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 5 days ago
Yes I have had this and for months I have not had any pain.
I don't know what kind of toothbrush you're using but I found electric toothbrushes very painful on my gums and they would bleed. So now I use a manual toothbrush and it has helped. As well as making sure you're brushing your gums properly (circular motions) it's very easy to actually brush too hard without realising. What can also help is trying to floss most days and be very gentle with it and build up your usage so your gums won't be irritated.
As for other things make sure you don't eat loads of citric food as the acid can irritate your mouth. Steer clear of fizzy drinks and sweets.
I really hope this helps
rosalind1
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 5 days ago
I have been dentist the pain before was unbearable its not as unbearable now but during the day I feel no pain at night when I lied down it's hurts
Delusion6
Rep:
?
Report 5 days ago
many years ago went through the same thing, i had some brandy in the house and soaked some cotton wool in the brandy and put it over the painful part. the next day the pain was gone. but it came back every now and again but i did the same thing and it always went away. it eventually stopped. try doing that.
rosalind1
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 days ago
(Original post by Deborahjade)
Yes I have had this and for months I have not had any pain.
I don't know what kind of toothbrush you're using but I found electric toothbrushes very painful on my gums and they would bleed. So now I use a manual toothbrush and it has helped. As well as making sure you're brushing your gums properly (circular motions) it's very easy to actually brush too hard without realising. What can also help is trying to floss most days and be very gentle with it and build up your usage so your gums won't be irritated.
As for other things make sure you don't eat loads of citric food as the acid can irritate your mouth. Steer clear of fizzy drinks and sweets.
I really hope this helps
After how long. Did the pain go mines on and off its when I brush my teeth it's OK for a bit then it hurts but. Its not. As unbearable as that first night. I had. It. I have no redness and swollen mouth what could it. Be I have had it on and off for. A few days now z
rosalind1
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 days ago
My dentist said its good when gums bless
(Original post by Delusion6)
many years ago went through the same thing, i had some brandy in the house and soaked some cotton wool in the brandy and put it over the painful part. the next day the pain was gone. but it came back every now and again but i did the same thing and it always went away. it eventually stopped. try doing that.
Awe I can't use brandy I'm a Muslim but i don't have an infection cos my dentist would have said. The pains on and off but what's weird is during the day I have no pain it's when I sleep at night I can't. Sleep
Ant_Reese
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 3 days ago
(Original post by rosalind1)
So I have had toothaches on and off the past few days been dentist and he said its cos you don't brush gums well so I have brushed and done all the home remedies etc but now it's gone but aches at night only we'll now its gone I have only had pain last night has anyone been through something similar if so what did u do
That doesn't sound like typical gum issue-why would they only hurt at night? Did your dentist take any xrays to check for potential dental problems? Recurring pain at night is normally a symptom of a dental issue rather than a gum issue. Hope this helps.
rosalind1
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 days ago
(Original post by Ant_Reese)
That doesn't sound like typical gum issue-why would they only hurt at night? Did your dentist take any xrays to check for potential dental problems? Recurring pain at night is normally a symptom of a dental issue rather than a gum issue. Hope this helps.
Hi I went in today and she said they just needed cleaning cos of plaque they feel a lot better learnt my lesson now defo going in for regular checks now she said just keep them clean and see us regularly I do have a wisdom tooth but I don't need to worry about it because it's not grown at all x
rosalind1
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 day ago
(Original post by rosalind1)
Hi I went in today and she said they just needed cleaning cos of plaque they feel a lot better learnt my lesson now defo going in for regular checks now she said just keep them clean and see us regularly I do have a wisdom tooth but I don't need to worry about it because it's not grown at all x
Is still hurts a bit but bearable I don't. Know why maybe cos they been cleaned
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Which party will you be voting for in the General Election?

Conservatives (7)
15.56%
Labour (24)
53.33%
Liberal Democrats (4)
8.89%
Green Party (4)
8.89%
Brexit Party (0)
0%
Independent Group for Change (Change UK) (0)
0%
SNP (2)
4.44%
Plaid Cymru (0)
0%
Democratic Unionist Party (DUP) (0)
0%
Sinn Fein (1)
2.22%
SDLP (0)
0%
Ulster Unionist (0)