TSR Poll of Polls Week 5: 2 weeks to go! What's your vote? Watch

Poll: Which party will you be voting for in the General Election?
Conservatives (164)
19.05%
Labour (420)
48.78%
Liberal Democrats (119)
13.82%
Green Party (51)
5.92%
Brexit Party (10)
1.16%
Independent Group for Change (Change UK) (1)
0.12%
SNP (8)
0.93%
Plaid Cymru (4)
0.46%
Democratic Unionist Party (DUP) (4)
0.46%
Sinn Fein (4)
0.46%
SDLP (1)
0.12%
Ulster Unionist (3)
0.35%
UKIP (9)
1.05%
Other (9)
1.05%
None (54)
6.27%
StrawberryDreams
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
Welcome to our fifth poll of polls in the lead up to the general election on December 12th!

Our first four polls have gone up, and people are letting us know who they are thinking of voting for in this upcoming GE. We're now just under two weeks away from the Election, and new information is coming out every day about what the parties intend to do if they get into power. There have been leaders debates, interviews and lots of discussion around the feasibility of every party's manifesto promises. We've also had some more scandals emerge, with the Conservative's Press Office changing their name to 'FactcheckUK' during the leaders debate, Labour being rocked with more anti-semitism complaints and the Lib Dem's having a difficult time in the polls. Has any of these events or stories had any affect on your voting preferences? Do you think you'll still vote for the party you thought you would now you can see more about what they want to do for the country?

For those of you who haven't seen this before, we're capturing your votes every Thursday (or Friday again... opps ) in the lead up to the election. Our awesome data analyst will be providing us some cool stats so we can see how the vote on TSR is looking, and comparing to the general trends.

Whether you've voted before or not, let us know what you're thinking!
Suchomimus
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
I chose the Green Party in the poll, but I think a stronger vote would be with the Lib Dems, due to tactical voting (unless you live in Brighton of course!).
Last edited by Suchomimus; 1 month ago
Neilos
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
I remain a reluctant Conservative.
Rock Fan
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
My vote is hardly likely to have changed since last week so Tories.
JJJJJAAAAMES
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Voting for any party other than Labour or Conservative will be a meaningless vote, and will result in a party that you dislike, in getting elected.

Only Labour or Conservatives will ever win, and only Labour can lead this country to a better situation.
Rakas21
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
I remain as opposed as ever to the election of a republican pacifist thus the Tories retain my vote.
Jimmy_UK_USA
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
I go Tories!
Sirlimpetlad
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
I'm a Labour Leaver. Voting Labour in the General Election, Leave the EU after 6 months
fallen_acorns
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
I’m hoping your plan isn’t to use these polls to try and track how opinions are changing over the course of the campaign.

I can’t see any other reason for doing one each week though?
Scisaac
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
So I put none purely because I'm not voting a party I'm voting the independent candidate in my area
Castro Saint
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
If Green party had a chance I'd vote for them. If you haven't already, read their manifesto - it's solid...

However I'll back Jezza
fallen_acorns
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by Castro Saint)
If Green party had a chance I'd vote for them. If you haven't already, read their manifesto - it's solid...

However I'll back Jezza
its solid alright.. a few hundred billion a year solid. They make Labour look like penny-pinchers.

I like the green party, and I wish they had 5-10 seats, so that the green-voice is always heard in parliament. But to actually lead the country, their promises are entirely impossible and they know it. Treat them more as aspirations rather than plans, I would.

It doesn't matter how many times they say that we need to do it, or we should do it, if we can't do it than its irrelevant.
Kilam_Namoan
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
If you know the full story, you will definitely vote Tory. All in all, politics in the country are absolutely ****ED; idealists and liars everywhere. However the Conservatives, despite some of their meh attempts at misleading the people are by far the most sensible party in terms of their foreign, fiscal and social policies as well as their promise of delivering Brexit. I am genuinely ****ing sick of anything to do with the EU or Brexit at this point- just get it over with man.

This election is either the Conservatives get a majority, or we have a dog**** coalition with another Brexit and Scottish referendum on the table.
Micheal98
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by JJJJJAAAAMES)
Voting for any party other than Labour or Conservative will be a meaningless vote, and will result in a party that you dislike, in getting elected.

Only Labour or Conservatives will ever win, and only Labour can lead this country to a better situation.
Well said
Suchomimus
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by Kilam_Namoan)
If you know the full story, you will definitely vote Tory. All in all, politics in the country are absolutely ****ED; idealists and liars everywhere. However the Conservatives, despite some of their meh attempts at misleading the people are by far the most sensible party in terms of their foreign, fiscal and social policies as well as their promise of delivering Brexit. I am genuinely ****ing sick of anything to do with the EU or Brexit at this point- just get it over with man.

This election is either the Conservatives get a majority, or we have a dog**** coalition with another Brexit and Scottish referendum on the table.
Wow. Another meaningless rant by a ridiculous right-wing Tory ideologist.
QE2
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by JJJJJAAAAMES)
Not necessarily. There are constituencies where the main challenger to the Tories is someone other than Labour.
Basically, vote for whoever keeps the Tories out.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

What's stopping you doing a masters?

It's too expensive (43)
23.24%
My career doesn't need one (25)
13.51%
I'm sick of studying (38)
20.54%
I can't find a course I want to do (5)
2.7%
I don't know enough about them (13)
7.03%