UniOfLincolnStudent
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 months ago
Welcome to this thread, where current student ambassadors are here to answer any questions you might have about studying at the University of Lincoln.

Here's a little bit of information about the students who are running this thread:

Name: Lexy
Course: 4th year Microbial Biotechnology masters student.

Hi!
My name is Lexy and I am a current 4th year at Lincoln University, studying for a Masters degree in Microbial Biotechnology. I also completed my undergraduate at Lincoln in Biomedical Science so I know a fair amount about the place! Whilst I have been at Lincoln I have done a lot of volunteering for the Student’s Union involving positions in committees (President and Fundraising Rep), Course Rep, School Rep and Academic Societies Officer. I have also worked as an Ambassador for the last 3 years so I know a lot about the campus, accommodation and student life. I am very sporty and currently play Ultimate Frisbee for the university which is very different but the best sport I have ever played!
I came to Lincoln because of the dedication and passion of the lecturers that spoke to me at my open day, they were a lot more enthusiastic than the other universities I had looked at. Having wanted to go into scientific research, it was the passion they expressed that I wanted to inspire me throughout my degree and motivate me to do research in the future. I love the fact that there are loads of opportunities to get involved on campus with both the university and the Student’s Union, there is so many positions to take on and chances to help the wider student community. The campus is lovely, all the buildings are in one central loop on the edge of town, everything is less than 15 minutes’ walk away and the city is stunning!
If you have any questions about anything, drop me a message!

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Name: Natt
Course: 2nd year Biomedical Science student

Hello, my name is Natt and I am a second year Biomedical Science student at the University of Lincoln. I moved from Birmingham to Lincoln and that was a major change but I have learnt new skills and do things I never thought I would ever do such as being an ambassador, getting involved in societies, and meeting an awful lot of new people! There are so many opportunities for you at University, regardless of where you are. Personally, Lincoln ticked all the boxes for me; good transports to closer major city making it easier to go home or a day out, the city is beautiful with the cathedral on top of the steep hill (the first thing you see as you arrive into the heart of Lincoln) and the university itself offered everything I was looking for.
I am here to help if you have any questions 🙂

Name: Jack
Course: 3rd year Sport and Exercise Science

Hello, I am Jack, a third year Sport and Exercise Science student here at the University of Lincoln. The last two and a half years have been packed with meeting new people and getting involved in lots of different things. For example, I have volunteered at Lincoln City Football Club, this was an exciting opportunity that was gained through contacts with the University. I have also been a student ambassador for two years now, this is a really flexible job role which has led to numerous opportunities to develop a range of skills such as delivering tours and presentations. The job also fits in nicely around my studies. For me, I chose to come to the University of Lincoln mainly because of the place and my course. My course involves gaining lots of hands on experience using high-tech equipment such as the motion capture system. As mentioned, I also really fell in love with the city when I visited here. The cathedral, castle and the Brayford pool really is a fantastic setting to study. Whilst, having the town, lots of restaurants and shops within walking distance was a big selling point too.
I would be happy to answer any questions you may have

Last edited by UniOfLincolnStudent; 3 months ago
charlottepurdyx
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 1 day ago
Can anyone give any information on how business management has been for them? I am studying this in September 2020 so just wanted some information on it all.
Cheers,
Charlotte.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

With HE fairs postponed, would a virtual HE fair be useful?

Yes (98)
61.64%
No (61)
38.36%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed