BelleWest23
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 10 months ago
How does it work? Something about Endo and exocytosis?
śilvers
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 10 months ago
Endocytosis is when substances are brought into the cell. As the substances approach the cell membrane, an area of the cell membrane surrounds the substances and it buds off to form a vesicle containing the substances.

On the other hand, exocytosis is when substances from the cell is transported out of the cell. It’s the same process, except there is a vesicle inside the cell containing the substances. As that vesicle approaches the cell surface membrane, the membrane of the vesicle fuses with the cell surface membrane and it transports out the substances.

Both endo- and exocytosis are forms of active transport and bulk transport.
BelleWest23
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 10 months ago
(Original post by śilvers)
Endocytosis is when substances are brought into the cell. As the substances approach the cell membrane, an area of the cell membrane surrounds the substances and it buds off to form a vesicle containing the substances.

On the other hand, exocytosis is when substances from the cell is transported out of the cell. It’s the same process, except there is a vesicle inside the cell containing the substances. As that vesicle approaches the cell surface membrane, the membrane of the vesicle fuses with the cell surface membrane and it transports out the substances.

Both endo- and exocytosis are forms of active transport and bulk transport.
Thank you soo much!
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Current uni students - are you thinking of dropping out of university?

Yes, I'm seriously considering dropping out (66)
14.93%
I'm not sure (16)
3.62%
No, I'm going to stick it out for now (148)
33.48%
I have already dropped out (7)
1.58%
I'm not a current university student (205)
46.38%

Watched Threads