The Student Room Group

In denial about weight

I gained weight in one year and went from clothing size 8 to uk 12.
Now have a belly like a pregnant woman...

Any tips for losing it? I burned 500 calories on the treadmill today but it's not enough . I need a flat belly before my date next week

I like my legs and bigger hips, and bigger boobs since gaining weight but my belly is ugly😭

I hate it...

I still look smallish as a size 12 so im still in denial that im a fat frog...

I seriously need to loose this ugly belly. What's the best exercise?
Original post by Hope5677
I gained weight in one year and went from clothing size 8 to uk 12.
Now have a belly like a pregnant woman...

Any tips for losing it? I burned 500 calories on the treadmill today but it's not enough . I need a flat belly before my date next week

I like my legs and bigger hips, and bigger boobs since gaining weight but my belly is ugly😭

I hate it...

I still look smallish as a size 12 so im still in denial that im a fat frog...

I seriously need to loose this ugly belly. What's the best exercise?

You can't 'spot lose' weight, and certainly not in a week. Sorry.
Well the first step is probably to have some realistic goals to start with, you're not going to be able to have a flat stomach within the space of a week.

What is your diet like? Exercising is all well and good but you'll be fighting a somewhat losing battle if you don't have a decent balanced diet.
Reply 3
Original post by MidgetFever
Well the first step is probably to have some realistic goals to start with, you're not going to be able to have a flat stomach within the space of a week.

What is your diet like? Exercising is all well and good but you'll be fighting a somewhat losing battle if you don't have a decent balanced diet.

My dieting has been bad up until 2 days ago I've been eating garbage ...and drinking milk is making me fat also. I just started eating vegetables and i opted for coconut milk for coffees...
Reply 4
Original post by Reality Check
You can't 'spot lose' weight, and certainly not in a week. Sorry.

People claim using vicks vaporub and wrapping in plastic helps flatten the belly... what are your thoughts?
Well if you want to lose weight, it is more diet than running on the treadmill.

Eat 300-500 calories less and you will see good results but it will take a few months.

If you can’t count calories then make lifestyle changes. So more water, fast food only on occasions. Cook more filling foods and have a healthy diet. Snacks in moderation.

I advocate eating clean because “clean” foods are the ones that make you feel full and are high nutrient low calories.
People claim using vicks vaporub and wrapping in plastic helps flatten the belly... what are your thoughts?

Whoever says that needs a reality check 😂

My thoughts are it's a terrible waste of Vicks :smile:
Reply 8
Original post by Reality Check
My thoughts are it's a terrible waste of Vicks :smile:

I saw so many YouTube videos and tried it last night ...it's 100 percent nonsense. .
Reply 9
Original post by SuperHuman98
Well if you want to lose weight, it is more diet than running on the treadmill.

Eat 300-500 calories less and you will see good results but it will take a few months.

If you can’t count calories then make lifestyle changes. So more water, fast food only on occasions. Cook more filling foods and have a healthy diet. Snacks in moderation.

I advocate eating clean because “clean” foods are the ones that make you feel full and are high nutrient low calories.

Okay thank you .im definitely aiming to become almost vegan. I still like meat but will limit my eating to only fruits and vegetables until i start seeing signs im slimming down
(edited 4 years ago)
Okay thank you .im definitely aiming to become almost vegan. I still like meat but will limit my eating to only fruits and vegetables until i start seeing sings im slimming down

Just FYI I'm a dude that's put on some weight over Y12 (I'm Y13 now) sort of by accident (I used to snack loads and never put weight on, then all of a sudden I did, I think this is quite common with metabolism changes in later teen years).

I started running last may, but was still putting on weight due to snacking. Running is great fun and a great calorie burner, but takes a while till it really pays off.

But the big change is I just stopped snacking. The last week I haven't eaten any food outside of breakfast, lunch and dinner. I've lost 2kg this week. It's not gonna make you go from obese to model but you can lose a lot by just only ingesting food for survival and real hunger NOT for comfort or boredom. The latter was a big one for me- I kept snacking just to break up the evening when I was working
Okay thank you .im definitely aiming to become almost vegan. I still like meat but will limit my eating to only fruits and vegetables until i start seeing sings im slimming down

Alright. I’m guessing if you are going vegan more towards the ethical animal side rather than for health reasons? Since you can still have a very health diet as a meat eater (and it makes getting enough protein easier protein is important when losing weight)

Quick Reply

Latest