The Student Room Group

Using only chemrevise for AS Chemistry

As the title says , will chemrevise alone be enough to learn/understand and apply all the content of AS Chemistry? Of course, I will do past papers. But the books given by exam board are too detailed and boring. So, if anyone knows, will chemrevise be enough as the main source?
Hi! I did AQA AS Level Chemistry 3 years ago.

Chemrevise is an excellent resource because it's concise and gives you the correct wording you need to get marks in your exam.
Textbooks are better for helping you understand what is going on in a reaction.
Past papers are great for helping you apply your knowledge to different scenarios.

I think the most effective way to study is to use a mixture of all 3. I got an A by mainly using chemrevise, but also using textbooks to consolidate my knowledge, and past papers to practice exam-style questions.
Original post by qwerty098765432
Hi! I did AQA AS Level Chemistry 3 years ago.

Chemrevise is an excellent resource because it's concise and gives you the correct wording you need to get marks in your exam.
Textbooks are better for helping you understand what is going on in a reaction.
Past papers are great for helping you apply your knowledge to different scenarios.

I think the most effective way to study is to use a mixture of all 3. I got an A by mainly using chemrevise, but also using textbooks to consolidate my knowledge, and past papers to practice exam-style questions.

So basically chemrevise for learning.
How would you suggest using them? First chemrevise then textbook or the other way round?
Original post by Knightrises10
So basically chemrevise for learning.
How would you suggest using them? First chemrevise then textbook or the other way round?

I'd say classroom notes, and textbook. Once you understand what you are taught, THEN use chemrevise for exam revision notes.
And start past papers like 1/2 months before the exam. A lot of similar questions pop up year to year.

Good luck :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest