The Student Room Group

Is it even worth applying?

I’m currently studying an FdSc Zoological Conservation course as I’ve had a somewhat...unconventional path through education and didn’t have enough UCAS points to qualify for a BSc straight off. I have the option of two progression routes for a top-up year, both of which I would be happy to do, but I’ve since discovered my dream course available at Bangor University - a BSc in Zoology with Herpetology.

As far as I’m aware, FdSc courses don’t count towards UCAS points, so I assume I don’t have enough points to qualify for a BSc there straight up, and I don’t think they do an FdSc equivalent. Do I have any kind of a shot at getting in? I have a Level 3 qualification in Horticulture, an Advanced Technical Diploma in Animal Management, maths and English GCSEs and I’m on track to graduate with the FdSc. I don’t want to get my hopes up and waste money on the application fee if I don’t even have a chance.
Original post by Dispholidus
I’m currently studying an FdSc Zoological Conservation course as I’ve had a somewhat...unconventional path through education and didn’t have enough UCAS points to qualify for a BSc straight off. I have the option of two progression routes for a top-up year, both of which I would be happy to do, but I’ve since discovered my dream course available at Bangor University - a BSc in Zoology with Herpetology.

As far as I’m aware, FdSc courses don’t count towards UCAS points, so I assume I don’t have enough points to qualify for a BSc there straight up, and I don’t think they do an FdSc equivalent. Do I have any kind of a shot at getting in? I have a Level 3 qualification in Horticulture, an Advanced Technical Diploma in Animal Management, maths and English GCSEs and I’m on track to graduate with the FdSc. I don’t want to get my hopes up and waste money on the application fee if I don’t even have a chance.

@Bangor Uni - could you help this would-be applicant out? Thanks :smile:
Original post by Dispholidus

Hi there :smile:

Great to hear you've found your dream course at Bangor :smile:

Can I ask that you send me a private message on here with your email address and I'll contact you. In the meantime I'll pass your enquiry on to our admissions team and the department to get you some more information :smile:

Thanks

Sera

Quick Reply

Latest