The Student Room Group

Advice on course workload

I've been studying English and Drama at QM for 1 term and i'm really struggling. I find that i'm constantly doing set reading, completing assignments etc and have literally no time to do anything else. Does the work load get any easier? I'm thinking of changing course to study Interior Design (one of my other interests) at another university. Can anyone offer advice?
Reply 1
I've been studying English and Drama at QM for 1 term and i'm really struggling. I find that i'm constantly doing set reading, completing assignments etc and have literally no time to do anything else. Does the work load get any easier? I'm thinking of changing course to study Interior Design (one of my other interests) at another university. Can anyone offer advice?
feeling overloaded is very common in the first term because you don't know what's expected of you or what you need to do to achieve what you want

no degree is truly impossible though and everyone who wants a balanced lifestyle can achieve one

my course has a damming mix of maths, reading and even some computing - i don't have the discipline to do all of it and i didn't do any of the reading for the first year. the way i got around it was by only doing the work when it lead to an assessment, for example, i did read as research for essays and i did problem sets as revision for tests. but i would rarely do the preclass work for seminars

i'm not recommending this - although i did get a safe 2.1 - im just saying find what works for you because something will
Reply 3
Original post by HoldThisL
feeling overloaded is very common in the first term because you don't know what's expected of you or what you need to do to achieve what you want

no degree is truly impossible though and everyone who wants a balanced lifestyle can achieve one

my course has a damming mix of maths, reading and even some computing - i don't have the discipline to do all of it and i didn't do any of the reading for the first year. the way i got around it was by only doing the work when it lead to an assessment, for example, i did read as research for essays and i did problem sets as revision for tests. but i would rarely do the preclass work for seminars

i'm not recommending this - although i did get a safe 2.1 - im just saying find what works for you because something will

Thank you, I'll consider doing that. It's really helpful.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending