Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 1 week ago
Hii,

So I’m on a diet (it’s been 5 days now) and it’s going well. I don’t have much cravings and I’ve been burning more than I’m eating. I realised I eat 2 dates and 1 or two apples a day because I love sweet things BUT isn’t this bad? Like don’t they both have quite a lot of sugar?
Oh and I did have a bite or two of a cake because my mums been baking a lot 😤but that’s alright I think..right?
skygren
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
sounds good to me. fructose is in fruit but all the benefits of fruit outweigh its sugar content., just don't have a whole bowl full if you're on a diet.
Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 1 week ago
(Original post by skygren)
sounds good to me. fructose is in fruit but all the benefits of fruit outweigh its sugar content., just don't have a whole bowl full if you're on a diet.
Another questionnn. Is a cheat day okay for a 1 week diet?
skygren
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
If it helps you get through the week of dieting I'd say go for it, but make it fit inside your calorie limit.
JaseyB
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
Fruits contain natural sugars and a good amount of fibre, if you eat them as a fruit rather than juice them then the fibre content helps your body to process the natural sugars better, and they won't have a negative affect on your diet so long as you don't have too many. It's the refined sugars like you find in cakes, sweets/candy etc that will have a negative effect on your body. They are ok in very small quantities ie a chocolate bar or slice of cake once or twice a week won't really make much difference.
Anonymous #2
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
if you want to have longterm lifestyle changes incorporate more "cheat" items in your diet for example one every 2 days. check out the 80/20 diet - its more sustainable than eating perfectly for 6 days then a cheat day.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Which party will you be voting for in the General Election?

Conservatives (200)
18.69%
Labour (553)
51.68%
Liberal Democrats (144)
13.46%
Green Party (59)
5.51%
Brexit Party (15)
1.4%
Independent Group for Change (Change UK) (4)
0.37%
SNP (17)
1.59%
Plaid Cymru (5)
0.47%
Democratic Unionist Party (DUP) (0)
0%
Sinn Fein (7)
0.65%
SDLP (2)
0.19%
Ulster Unionist (4)