Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
Any tips on revision? And how to stay focused and stop procrastinating
alliswell
Badges: 13
Report 1 year ago
Put your phone on silent and just put it away. Maybe try playing some background music.
I study better with music on with a low volume.
St George's, University of London
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by Murcia xoxo)
Any tips on revision? And how to stay focused and stop procrastinating
Hi!

This is an age old question that puzzles many! Unfortunately, there's no single correct answer to this as it really depends on what kind of learner you are. From my personal experience, I usually find it helps to work in short bursts of 25-30 minutes, with a 5-10 minute break in between. You can set up 'blocks' of revision like this, i.e. maybe doing 4 bursts of work, taking an hour off and then doing another 4. All in all, you'll complete around 4 hours of studying that way and you can add on to that once you build up your 'tolerance' for working long hours. I would not recommend throwing yourself into countless hours of revision right away - you'll burn yourself out and forget things that you need to learn.

It would also be useful to plan out your revision in advance, maybe create a calendar for yourself with the exact topics you'll be covering on a specific day. It's also important to factor in rest days (yes, days where you do nothing work related at all). These days are essential - they can keep your mind off the stress of studying, or can be a day to catch up just in case you missed some revision during the week. Structuring your revision this way gives purpose to revising and keeps you motivated. There are also plenty of videos on YouTube that I'd recommend to help you to get into the habit of studying regularly, like this: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DzQyjD1-W4U .

I hope this helps!

Mo
BSc | First Year MBBS
Official Rep for St George's, University of London
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Are you travelling in the Uni student travel window (3-9 Dec) to go home for Christmas?

Yes (6)
35.29%
No - I have already returned home (2)
11.76%
No - I plan on travelling outside these dates (6)
35.29%
No - I'm staying at my term time address over Christmas (0)
0%
No - I live at home during term anyway (3)
17.65%

Watched Threads