Am I protected during the first week of a new 21 day pack? Watch

Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 1 week ago
I just started taking the 21-day pill, ive done three rows/weeks all on time and stopped on the 4th week for six days. My withdrawal bleeding came three days after i stopped taking the pill and i started a new pack five days since/after my bleeding began, i wanted to know am i protected or am i unprotected during the first week of every new pack i take...
Appirition
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
The 21 day pill is designed to give on-going protection just as the 28 day pill does. They just work slightly differently.
Once you've completed a full 28 day cycle (which you have), you should be protected all the time as long as you maintain the 'all on time' regime.
BUT, please remember that no pill is 100% protection, and there are lots of factors that could leave you at risk to some degree. Reading the information leaflet that comes with your pill should give you more information on this, however, the leaflets are always written with worst case scenario in mind.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you work while at uni?

Yes I work at university (108)
33.44%
No I don't (152)
47.06%
I work during the holidays (63)
19.5%

Watched Threads