The Student Room Group
Students in Lecture Theatre, University of Liverpool
University of Liverpool
Liverpool

Waiting for offers

How long were you guys waiting for offers from Uni ? I got accepted after 2 days, whereas my girlfriend applied only 2 days later and she has been waiting over a week...
Reply 1
Original post by igorson
How long were you guys waiting for offers from Uni ? I got accepted after 2 days, whereas my girlfriend applied only 2 days later and she has been waiting over a week...

I think 1 month is fairly quick, but it can be up to 5 months or so 2 days is veeery fast. Also different unis generally answer sooner or later (although of course there are exceptions). For example I believe Durham and Scottish unis tend to wait for all applications to be in before giving any offers out, whereas other unis may tend to answer immediately after seeing an offer they like.
Students in Lecture Theatre, University of Liverpool
University of Liverpool
Liverpool
Reply 2
Hi, it also depends on what subject you're applying to. I wouldn't worry.
(edited 4 years ago)
Original post by Claisen
Hi, it also depends on what subject your applying to. Each department has their own admissions tutors, so it depends when they process applications. I wouldn't worry.

Liverpool has a centralised admissions team I believe, only difficult cases are referred to academics as far as I am aware, apart from medicine etc.
Reply 4
Original post by Edminzodo
Liverpool has a centralised admissions team I believe, only difficult cases are referred to academics as far as I am aware, apart from medicine etc.

Do you know how long it can take? I am afraid my girlfriend is one of those "difficult cases"...
Original post by igorson
Do you know how long it can take? I am afraid my girlfriend is one of those "difficult cases"...

What subject?
I had 2 offers in the space of 2 days from applying but still have yet to hear from one, i applied on the 13th november, depends on how the unis work, some wait till the 15th jan deadline, i suppose its also to do with how competitive the course is
Reply 7
International business
Reply 8
What subject?

International business and business management. She applied for both and haven’t received any answer
Original post by igorson
International business and business management. She applied for both and haven’t received any answer

Okay, it's not a medical degree, so it shouldn't be excessive. At busy times of the year (like now) the admissions team can get swamped. If she is below the offer grades this may be why. These are 2 of Liverpool's most popular programmes so I would expect to wait a bit longer than usual, but how long has she been waiting?
Reply 10
Okay, it's not a medical degree, so it shouldn't be excessive. At busy times of the year (like now) the admissions team can get swamped. If she is below the offer grades this may be why. These are 2 of Liverpool's most popular programmes so I would expect to wait a bit longer than usual, but how long has she been waiting?

She’s been waiting for about 2 weeks now. I know it’s nothing excessive, but I got my offer from the exact same courses after 2 days, that’s why we are a bit stressed out about it.
Original post by igorson
She’s been waiting for about 2 weeks now. I know it’s nothing excessive, but I got my offer from the exact same courses after 2 days, that’s why we are a bit stressed out about it.

Okay, I wouldn't worry about 2 weeks, honestly. Like I said, it's one of the most popular courses at Liverpool (the Management School takes something mad like 250-300 students per year). They might also be looking to see if she is better suited to one programme or the other, as they are quite different (but that's just me speculating). When I applied to university, I had one offer in a day, one in a week, and the other two after a month or so, so I wouldn't be too concerned at this point.
Reply 12
Okay, I wouldn't worry about 2 weeks, honestly. Like I said, it's one of the most popular courses at Liverpool (the Management School takes something mad like 250-300 students per year). They might also be looking to see if she is better suited to one programme or the other, as they are quite different (but that's just me speculating). When I applied to university, I had one offer in a day, one in a week, and the other two after a month or so, so I wouldn't be too concerned at this point.

Alright, thank u very much for your help :biggrin:
Original post by igorson

I got an email from UoL at November 20th that they received my application and will look at it and email me the results but still no answer.
Reply 14
Original post by Anonymous
I got an email from UoL at November 20th that they received my application and will look at it and email me the results but still no answer.

Exactly like my girlfriend
Original post by igorson

I got an interview 2 days after sending of my application....first offer came 4 days later with another offer coming 5 days after that. Another interview came in 2 days ago....so in total 2 offers/2 interviews in the span of 12 days....applying for Physics with Astrophysics

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending