Dermatologist referral Watch

Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 1 week ago
How long is the wait between requesting a referral from a GP to an appointment?

Im only asking because if the wait is too long i will be considering private. I dont really want to go private as it costs about £300 but I will if the wait is too long
Appirition
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
It's unlikely anyone on here will be able to give you the correct answer because wait times vary so much depending on a number of factors, including where you live and current staffing levels at the dermatology clinic.
When you see the GP, ask them - they will have a rough idea of the likely wait time for you, but no-one can give you an exact answer due to the way the referral system works.
Also, ask your GP if there's any alternative places you could be referred to, perhaps further away, that have shorter wait times than the local place. Some GP's will know this, others won't because it's not required knowledge and only comes from previous patient experience feedback and/or conversations with other medical professionals.
Reality Check
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
How long is the wait between requesting a referral from a GP to an appointment?

Im only asking because if the wait is too long i will be considering private. I dont really want to go private as it costs about £300 but I will if the wait is too long
Impossible to say - it depends on the speciality, where you live, how urgent the referral is...
gjd800
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
we can't say

I had one a long while back when the nhs was not in the state it is now, and that took a year(!)

could be shorter, could be longer. we just don't know

Private might well be worth it
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Which party will you be voting for in the General Election?

Conservatives (201)
18.75%
Labour (554)
51.68%
Liberal Democrats (144)
13.43%
Green Party (59)
5.5%
Brexit Party (15)
1.4%
Independent Group for Change (Change UK) (4)
0.37%
SNP (17)
1.59%
Plaid Cymru (5)
0.47%
Democratic Unionist Party (DUP) (0)
0%
Sinn Fein (7)
0.65%
SDLP (2)
0.19%
Ulster Unionist (4)