The Student Room Group

A101 GEM University of Oxford 2021 Entry

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
Original post by CheltBoii
What type of score on BMAT would be considered strong?

Admission statistics for the previous year can be found here:
https://www.medsci.ox.ac.uk/study/medicine/accelerated/selection-criteria

2020 entry:
BMAT scores were also used to determine the shortlist: the mean BMAT score (section 1 and 2) for shortlisted applicants was 9.7 versus 9.1 for non-shortlisted applicants.
For those with an offer of a place, the mean BMAT score (section 1 and 2) was 10.7.
Reply 21
When filling out the employment history section of the supplementary application form did anyone else have trouble with it telling them it's over the character limit when it's not?
Original post by UCLGEM
When filling out the employment history section of the supplementary application form did anyone else have trouble with it telling them it's over the character limit when it's not?

Did you include lines and spaces in the character limit?
Reply 23
Original post by PChicka
Did you include lines and spaces in the character limit?

Yep, it was defo under the limit but I just had to keep cutting it down further and further till it went through haha :frown:
Reply 24
Hi all, silly deadline-day question from me. For Oxford, this is all we have to do, right? All by 6 pm 15th October.

1. UCAS form
2. Register for BMAT (and eventually sit the exam, on 4th November)
3. Fill in supplementary form
4. Coordinate submission of two extra references to Oxford

I remember reading about an additional 'personal statement' for Oxford. Was this abolished this year? Or maybe it just refers to the questions on the supplementary form?

The 'supporting documents' referred to on the supplementary form are presumably just the references? Or is there something I'm missing?

Any help would be appreciated :smile:
Reply 25
Original post by GEM2021
Hi all, silly deadline-day question from me. For Oxford, this is all we have to do, right? All by 6 pm 15th October.

1. UCAS form
2. Register for BMAT (and eventually sit the exam, on 4th November)
3. Fill in supplementary form
4. Coordinate submission of two extra references to Oxford

I remember reading about an additional 'personal statement' for Oxford. Was this abolished this year? Or maybe it just refers to the questions on the supplementary form?

The 'supporting documents' referred to on the supplementary form are presumably just the references? Or is there something I'm missing?

Any help would be appreciated :smile:

Hey

As far as I know it's all you have listed yes - I imagine the personal statement was just replaced by the break down of questions on the supplementary form!
Congratulations to everyone who applied this year. It is a daunting process.

Personally I am glad the stress is over for a few weeks.
Reply 27
Best of luck to everyone for the application!
Reply 28
Congrats everyone! And good luck with BMAT prep :smile:
May I ask-what colleges have people applied to. Somerville is my preference.
Original post by Medchem123
May I ask-what colleges have people applied to. Somerville is my preference.

Harris Manchester!
Good luck all, hope BMAT prep has gone okay.

I'm applying for 2022 (deferred) entry to Green Templeton.
Reply 32
Best of luck with the BMAT on Wednesday everyone! I've applied to Somerville too :smile:
Good luck tomorrow everyone!
Hope everyone survived - that was a tough BMAT (well section 2!).

Does anyone happen to know, when invitations to interview (or not) are likely to be? Are they before or after we get the results on the 27th - I'm not sure when universities are actually sent them.
Reply 35
BMAT thoughts? I thought very tough (although not unpredictably so).
Original post by GEM2021
BMAT thoughts? I thought very tough (although not unpredictably so).

I thought section 2 was alright but section 1 was tough for me
Found it ok. Suspect scores will be slightly decreased this year. Glad it’s over though.
It was definitely a tough one! Left the test centre with mixed feelings. Hopefully it wasn't that bad, all the best guys!!
Original post by Neuro Alex
Hope everyone survived - that was a tough BMAT (well section 2!).

Does anyone happen to know, when invitations to interview (or not) are likely to be? Are they before or after we get the results on the 27th - I'm not sure when universities are actually sent them.

Last year invitations went out about a week after results came out - so if that’s anything to go by you might hear back in the first week of December

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending