The Student Room Group

A101 GEM University of Cambridge 2021 Entry

Scroll to see replies

Reply 40
Wondering if I could get some clarification. For the graduate supplimentary form, the aditional referee sends the reference directly to the college? When I am collating the documents into a single document shall I delete the reference form bit of the supplimentary form?
Original post by jamshaid102
Wondering if I could get some clarification. For the graduate supplimentary form, the aditional referee sends the reference directly to the college? When I am collating the documents into a single document shall I delete the reference form bit of the supplimentary form?

That’s what I am doing. Referee sends the reference. And I deleted the last pages in the form.
Original post by Calcification
That’s what I am doing. Referee sends the reference. And I deleted the last pages in the form.

Same :smile:
Reply 43
How many experiences did everyone speak about in the healthcare section?
How many experiences did everyone speak about in the healthcare section?

I am thinking to ask the same question. Will two pages be too much? Not really sure how much reflection is needed.
Original post by Calcification
I am thinking to ask the same question. Will two pages be too much? Not really sure how much reflection is needed.

I kept it to 1 page because didn't want to change the form's format.
Reply 46
Original post by mm_ocean
I kept it to 1 page because didn't want to change the form's format.

by 1 page do you mean two sides or just one side?
by 1 page do you mean two sides or just one side?

Just one side.
Guys, when it says chronological order on the adidtional form, it means listing it from the earliest (at the top) to the latest (at the bottom), right? Just want to make sure haha (applications make me question my brain over the simplest issues)
Reply 49
Original post by MissOxbridge
Guys, when it says chronological order on the adidtional form, it means listing it from the earliest (at the top) to the latest (at the bottom), right? Just want to make sure haha (applications make me question my brain over the simplest issues)

I would think so yes! Same as you would put it on a CV
Original post by UCLGEM
I would think so yes! Same as you would put it on a CV

CV is in reverse chronology......??
Reply 51
CV is in reverse chronology......??

Sorry I misread your first post, I would say to fill out the form in reverse chronological order
(edited 3 years ago)
But the form says chronological order... not reverse chronological order.....
Reply 53
But the form says chronological order... not reverse chronological order.....

Oh haha yeah you're right actually - clearly I didn't read it thoroughly enough, I just intuitively filled it out like a CV but yeah I guess it should be old to new
Hey! I am planning to apply for GEM 2021 with the following:

(1) A Levels: Biology (A), Chemistry (C), Physics (B), obtained in 2013 (so idk if I meet the within 7 years rule)

(2) GCSE English (A), Maths (C)

(3) BSc (Hons) Health Sciences (1st Class) with a module in Biochemistry (83% 1:1) and a module in Human Physiology (55% 2:2).. would they consider this instead or fuss about my A’levels

Also I am having issues with getting a reference for the paper-based application as all academics that could provide a referee are either isolating until the end of this month or not available until Jan 2021 :/ so any guidance on that as well please.

I would appreciate whoever answers my query.

Thanks,
Giovanni
Original post by henrybishop111
Hey! I am planning to apply for GEM 2021 with the following:

(1) A Levels: Biology (A), Chemistry (C), Physics (B), obtained in 2013 (so idk if I meet the within 7 years rule)

(2) GCSE English (A), Maths (C)

(3) BSc (Hons) Health Sciences (1st Class) with a module in Biochemistry (83% 1:1) and a module in Human Physiology (55% 2:2).. would they consider this instead or fuss about my A’levels

Also I am having issues with getting a reference for the paper-based application as all academics that could provide a referee are either isolating until the end of this month or not available until Jan 2021 :/ so any guidance on that as well please.

I would appreciate whoever answers my query.

Thanks,
Giovanni

Email the college or medical school directly. They are the best people to evaluate your profile. I asked them about my education background and they replied within an hour.
I have emailed all the halls so let’s see, thanks🤞🏻😬
(edited 3 years ago)
Reply 57
I have put down Lucy Cavendish as my college
Reply 58
does anyone know what the UCAS number is that is required for the Graduate Entry Form?
i.e. is it the personal ID number (as stated on UCAS track) or the number when you fill out the ucas application
(edited 3 years ago)
Original post by bbuuzz
I have put down Lucy Cavendish as my college

I put St. Edmund’s :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending