Is social media and phones a problem? :(( Watch

loving minion
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 week ago
I always get told I'm on my phone too much. help!?
ساره
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
Try to keep it in your pocket. I’m guilty of doing this as well
goggleyed
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
i bet the person who said that to you is also always on their phones too much!
steamed-hams
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
on my old phone i got rid of most apps and disabled browser so only used it as a tool rather than a source of entertainment. i used it an average of 30 mins a day. i found it liberating really
Bushbaby1888
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
Yup. I reckon most of us are nowadays 🤷🏻*♀️
My bf literally has his hands glued to his phone playing some stupid game non stop
ساره
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by steamed-hams)
on my old phone i got rid of most apps and disabled browser so only used it as a tool rather than a source of entertainment. i used it an average of 30 mins a day. i found it liberating really
Good for u. I just know that if I deleted the apps I use they are going to get re installed lool 😭😭
steamed-hams
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by ساره)
Good for u. I just know that if I deleted the apps I use they are going to get re installed lool 😭😭
I put on restrictions pass code and then forgot in on purpose so I couldn't download it again same with browser
gjd800
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
seems like both are for some people

i grew up without any of this stuff, so i can take it or leave it pretty easily
ANM775
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by loving minion)
I barely use my phone, and often go for days without even glancing at it

I think it's more internet addiction for me..
umaiyyahc1
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
Get rid of some social media apps?
londonmyst
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
Switch to a basic phone that does not have a camera or internet accessing capabilities.
OR321
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
Yeppp. I turned on my screen time on iPhone last week and my average is now 7.5 hours a day ffs 😬😬😬😬 most of its from social networking
sija ghimire
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 4 days ago
I am also hindered when i see my mobile sitting patiently. i feel heavy when i see my phone idle .thats why,i instantly get into phone and keep searching for things that can help me be busy. 😬
RogerOxon
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 4 days ago
For grammar, spelling and face to face interaction, yes.
21ForEva
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 4 days ago
Urgh when I have tried so hard to get my friends (who I barely see - maybe twice a year cuz I'm working and they're at uni so different schedules means no time to meet up), we have a laugh for like an hour and then slowly slowly, they start getting their phones out. Tryna document their f*cking lives when I'm just trying to catch up and have fun with them. Take pics of us - that's fine but don't start filming or adding filters to show people what you're doing at that exact time of the day.

They use any excuse to get their phones out and check their social media e.g. if we were talking about where some of our old peers are now, they use that to go on snapchat or insta or some sh*t to stalk their whereabouts. Like, it was just a question :P we don't need to stalk their profiles, I was just wondering if they knew and if they didn't then cool - we don't need an investigation.

Oh and even at lunchtimes with my colleagues - leave your damn phones in your pockets! And if they cba to talk to me then why ask me to have lunch with them in the first place? They're better off just sitting with their precious phone eating lunch on their own, if you ask me.

It annoys the hell out of me when I see parents with their adorable babies who look like they just want attention from their makers but their parents decide to just drown into their social media feed - this is where it starts... their baby is gonna probz have their first phone at the age of 5 and will start blanking their parents. But it won't make any difference to their parents as they're the ones who are OK with it because they do it themselves.

This is something that's ruining society - it's gonna turn us into brain dead zombies... I mean a metaphoric apocalypse is already kinda happening.
Obolinda
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 4 days ago
(Original post by gjd800)
i grew up without any of this stuff, so i can take it or leave it pretty easily
Same can't be said for my mum, lol
Last edited by Obolinda; 4 days ago
gjd800
Rep:
?
Report 4 days ago
(Original post by Obolinda)
Same can't be said for my mum, lol
Really?

Mental. My Ma and Da barely use it, I use it depending on my mood really.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Which party will you be voting for in the General Election?

Conservatives (163)
19.47%
Labour (426)
50.9%
Liberal Democrats (113)
13.5%
Green Party (46)
5.5%
Brexit Party (12)
1.43%
Independent Group for Change (Change UK) (4)
0.48%
SNP (14)
1.67%
Plaid Cymru (4)
0.48%
Democratic Unionist Party (DUP) (0)
0%
Sinn Fein (6)
0.72%
SDLP (1)
0.12%
Ulster Unionist (4)