Should I stop wearing my bottom retainer? Watch

Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 1 week ago
Basically, I was happier with my teeth before my braces as my bottom teeth were fine and now there’s a gap between the two front ones and I hate it. I basically hate my smile and plan on getting braces/invisalign when I’m older but should I stop wearing my retainer now or do you think the one year of movement will speed up the process in the future? I got my braces off 6 months early in May 2017 as I had an allergic reaction to the metal so really they did nothing to my teeth as my cross/over bite hasn’t been corrected at all. I have worn my retainer everyday since (2 and a half years) but am really unhappy with my smile.
anosmianAcrimony
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
Well, I stopped wearing both my retainers after like six months and my teeth haven't fallen out yet. That's all I'm saying.
EyestriX
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by anosmianAcrimony)
Well, I stopped wearing both my retainers after like six months and my teeth haven't fallen out yet. That's all I'm saying.
I had my braces on for a year only, and my teeth move so easily. They move back to their original position in a week of me not wearing retainers
EyestriX
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
If you don't wear the bottom one, you won't be able to bite properly because your teeth won't meet eye they should
I'd say stop wearing both?
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Which party will you be voting for in the General Election?

Conservatives (201)
18.75%
Labour (554)
51.68%
Liberal Democrats (144)
13.43%
Green Party (59)
5.5%
Brexit Party (15)
1.4%
Independent Group for Change (Change UK) (4)
0.37%
SNP (17)
1.59%
Plaid Cymru (5)
0.47%
Democratic Unionist Party (DUP) (0)
0%
Sinn Fein (7)
0.65%
SDLP (2)
0.19%
Ulster Unionist (4)