Applying for sixth form or college? friends?

Watch
WoTiFix
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
I havnt finished my gcses ye however we all need to aplly early for a place. I finished my mocks and we only got results for couple of subjects and i still dont knowmy predicted grades tho however i dont really care about them rn i just want them so i can get this applying thing over with.Most of my friends said they will stay at our school bz its easier to transition onto however i dont want to stay at this school i want to go somewhere else and start fresh though i am scared that i wont make any friends thats why i tried telling some of my friends to come with me however no reply i already know some of them are sheeps but thats a different issue lol. I defo believe going to a college is better bz u feel more like u have finished highschool and acc moved on whereas in stay in school its just feels the same. but whats your opinion should i stay or not.the only thing i am worried about it making friends nothing else thanks
pancakesbob7
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by WoTiFix)
I havnt finished my gcses ye however we all need to aplly early for a place. I finished my mocks and we only got results for couple of subjects and i still dont knowmy predicted grades tho however i dont really care about them rn i just want them so i can get this applying thing over with.Most of my friends said they will stay at our school bz its easier to transition onto however i dont want to stay at this school i want to go somewhere else and start fresh though i am scared that i wont make any friends thats why i tried telling some of my friends to come with me however no reply i already know some of them are sheeps but thats a different issue lol. I defo believe going to a college is better bz u feel more like u have finished highschool and acc moved on whereas in stay in school its just feels the same. but whats your opinion should i stay or not.the only thing i am worried about it making friends nothing else thanks
There is no point in going to a certain college for the sake of your secondary friends....you will probably end up drifting apart anyway. However, I have a group of tight friends who I've been friends with since secondary, but they all go to different colleges - we still manage to meet up every 2 weeks! Also,there are so many other people who I've become friends with who went to a secondary school where not many others are from. If your only worry is making friends, then apply to whichever college you want to go to!

I am still friends with all of my secondary school friends, but I have made a new friendship group in each of my subjects who I can hang out with, so I'm sure you can too!

Good luck, and don't let other people's opinions sway yours(unless it's your parents giving you advice, of course!)
WoTiFix
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
(Original post by pancakesbob7)
There is no point in going to a certain college for the sake of your secondary friends....you will probably end up drifting apart anyway. However, I have a group of tight friends who I've been friends with since secondary, but they all go to different colleges - we still manage to meet up every 2 weeks! Also,there are so many other people who I've become friends with who went to a secondary school where not many others are from. If your only worry is making friends, then apply to whichever college you want to go to!

I am still friends with all of my secondary school friends, but I have made a new friendship group in each of my subjects who I can hang out with, so I'm sure you can too!

Good luck, and don't let other people's opinions sway yours(unless it's your parents giving you advice, of course!)
Thanks for the genuine help m8 wish u good luck for future
pancakesbob7
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by WoTiFix)
Thanks for the genuine help m8 wish u good luck for future
Your welcome, you too!
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top

Do you have the space and resources you need to succeed in home learning?

Yes I have everything I need (188)
57.85%
I don't have everything I need (137)
42.15%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed

Oops, nobody has posted
in the last few hours.

Why not re-start the conversation?

Start new discussion

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise