filman.os
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 10 months ago
Hello, I am 20 years old From Greece and will start studying film making in September 2020 in UK. I am still searching for the best university. I want a good uni with courses on film production and film knowledge, focusing on directing would be great, in a big city. For sure not London because it’s way too expensive for me. I’m hoping I’ll get the loan for fees too. And try to get a scholarship. Any suggestions? I’ve seen Leeds, Lincoln and Nottingham Trent are thought to bee good.
Last edited by filman.os; 10 months ago
PQ
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 10 months ago
(Original post by filman.os)
Hello, I am 20 years old From Greece and will start studying film making in September 2020 in UK. I am still searching for the best university. I want a good uni with courses on film production and film knowledge, focusing on directing would be great, in a big city. For sure not London because it’s way too expensive for me. I’m hoping I’ll get the loan for fees too. And try to get a scholarship. Any suggestions? I’ve seen Leeds, Lincoln and Nottingham Trent are thought to bee good.
If you want to make films then CILECT members are the best choice.
Iirr that’s the following for undergrad courses:
Arts Uni Bournemouth (Bournemouth Film School - NOT Bournemouth uni)
UCA Farnham
LCC (in London)
Edinburgh/Edinburgh Napier
Leeds Beckett
Falmouth
Westminster (in London)
filman.os
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 10 months ago
What are your criteria to suggest these schools ? The guardian score ? Thank you
PQ
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 10 months ago
(Original post by filman.os)
What are your criteria to suggest these schools ? The guardian score ? Thank you
The league tables aren’t very helpful for creative subjects.

Those film schools are CILECT members. CILECT is international industry recognition for film schools.
University of Lincoln
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 10 months ago
Hi @filman.os,

We understand choosing the right course and university is a difficult decision. Our friendly staff are here and happy to help with any questions you may have, from admissions to scholarships. You can contact our International Office via +44 (0)1522 308108 or [email protected] c.uk and they will be more than happy to help.

Here at the University of Lincoln we have a specific school for film and media courses- The School of Film and Media. Courses within this school emphasise practical production informed by theory and give students access to professional-standard equipment.

Our BA (Hons) Media Production course allows students to study a range of disciplines and narrow down the areas they study within their second and third year. You can find the full course information for Media Production here.

We also offer a BA (Hons) Film Production course, which allows students to study the fundamentals of film-making, from narrative right through to post-production, with the option to focus on directing in your second and third year. You can find the full course information for Film Production here.

Employability is at the heart of everything we do. The School has strong links with media and film organisations including the BBC, Adobe, the Royal Television Society and the British Film Institute, which can create opportunities for work experience and networking. Some Lincoln graduates have worked on blockbuster films including Star Wars: The Last Jedi, Spectre, and Ready Player One.

If you want to explore our Campus and discover the city, check out our Virtual Open Day.

We wish you the best of luck wherever you choose.

Daisy
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Current uni students - are you thinking of dropping out of university?

Yes, I'm seriously considering dropping out (185)
14.14%
I'm not sure (59)
4.51%
No, I'm going to stick it out for now (383)
29.28%
I have already dropped out (37)
2.83%
I'm not a current university student (644)
49.24%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed