ahumanbeing_
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
Do investment banks eg Goldman Sachs, jp Morgan, RBC, etc. look at first year grades for summer internships? I got pretty shocking results last year, and ended up with a 2.2 (54%), would they ask for transcripts later on in the process to confirm if my 2.1 prediction is true? Also regarding employment, do I have to include all part time jobs, I only have two and one of them is as a cleaner which doesn’t look too good. It was this summer and my most recent work experience and I know in background checks they’ll probably find out, but I don’t see how cleaning is relevant to the job. Would it be fine to leave it out or would it look dishonest?
Last edited by ahumanbeing_; 1 month ago
steph0468
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Yes, they look at your first year results and either confirm with the uni or your personal tutor. They might also ask you expected 2nd year results as well.

As for what experiences should go on your CV, the general rule of thumb is that if you have A LOT of experience, you can choose to leave out irrelevant ones, or just add 1-2 sentences about them at the end. Did you learn anything from the cleaning job? E.g. improving your client-facing skills or organisation etc.
escaff
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
bump
Princepieman
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by steph0468)
Yes, they look at your first year results and either confirm with the uni or your personal tutor. They might also ask you expected 2nd year results as well.
false info
steph0468
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by Princepieman)
false info
How so? This is what I have experienced when applying myself.

Not all, but a fair few of companies do this to filter out people.
Last edited by steph0468; 1 month ago
ParagonProxy
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by steph0468)
How so? This is what I have experienced when applying myself.

Not all, but a fair few of companies do this to filter out people.
Would it be possible to know what role you applied to?

Waiting on feedback from an AC I sat there only a few days ago but at no point were grades asked throughout the process.
steph0468
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by ParagonProxy)
Would it be possible to know what role you applied to?

Waiting on feedback from an AC I sat there only a few days ago but at no point were grades asked throughout the process.
I applied to Sales / Trading + IBD, I was not asked during the AC itself but throughout the process (initial screening) they asked.

Also, after I received the offer they asked me to verify my results.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How many universities have you heard back from?

0 (76)
15.08%
1 (70)
13.89%
2 (65)
12.9%
20.44%
20.24%
5 (88)
17.46%

Watched Threads

Latest