Barking to Milton Keynes train help!

Watch
ClayJensen817
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 months ago
So when I put in London to Milton Keynes on train line. It says: Barking to Euston London and then Euston to Milton Keynes. So 2 trains. But to get to Euston I need my oyster. But trainline charges for that. So what do i do about this? Do they give me a ticket which I use to swipe at barking to Euston and that trip is included in the fare or something?
barnetlad
Rep:
?
Report 4 months ago
Use Oyster to Euston, buy a separate ticket to Milton Keynes.
maddyjm02
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 4 months ago
Just get a ticket from Euston to Milton Keys (insert Euston instead of Barking), and then make your own way to Euston
ClayJensen817
Rep:
?
(Original post by barnetlad)
Use Oyster to Euston, buy a separate ticket to Milton Keynes.
But what happens if I buy the ticket which says Barkint to Euston and then from there to Milton Keynes?
barnetlad
Rep:
?
Report 4 months ago
You use Oyster from Barking assuming you have an Oyster card.
ClayJensen817
Rep:
?
(Original post by maddyjm02)
Just get a ticket from Euston to Milton Keys (insert Euston instead of Barking), and then make your own way to Euston
Isnt it easier to buy a ticket from Barking to Milton Keynes instead? Why is that option given then?
maddyjm02
Rep:
?
Report 4 months ago
(Original post by ClayJensen817)
But what happens if I buy the ticket which says Barkint to Euston and then from there to Milton Keynes?
Nothing happens you just lose money
ClayJensen817
Rep:
?
Nothing happens you just lose money
Really? Wow 😂

Okay so it would cost me around 3 quid from Barking to Euston? And then from Euston to Milton Keynes its like 5 pounds. So thats good then...

And I get a barcode ticket on my phone which I scan at the gates there? How do I find which platform it is in Euston?
maddyjm02
Rep:
?
Report 4 months ago
Really? Wow 😂

Okay so it would cost me around 3 quid from Barking to Euston? And then from Euston to Milton Keynes its like 5 pounds. So thats good then...

And I get a barcode ticket on my phone which I scan at the gates there? How do I find which platform it is in Euston?
you said you were gon use an oyster? if you don’t wanna use oyster just get both tickets then- just find on the sign the platform or look on the app
Blue_Cow
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 4 months ago
How do I find which platform it is in Euston?
- On the departure boards above the station concourse
- By asking a member of staff
- By checking Google Maps or the National Rail app/website
ClayJensen817
Rep:
?
you said you were gon use an oyster? if you don’t wanna use oyster just get both tickets then- just find on the sign the platform or look on the app
My plan:

Top up Oyster and travel to Euston and then buy a ticket on trainline and use the barcode ticket they give me on my phone to scan and travel to Milton Keynes. Will this work?
ClayJensen817
Rep:
?
(Original post by Blue_Cow)
- On the departure boards above the station concourse
- By asking a member of staff
- By checking Google Maps or the National Rail app/website
okay thank you!
maddyjm02
Rep:
?
Report 4 months ago
My plan:

Top up Oyster and travel to Euston and then buy a ticket on trainline and use the barcode ticket they give me on my phone to scan and travel to Milton Keynes. Will this work?
yeah that’ll be fine, can always buy the ticket from Euston to Milton Keynes in advance don’t need to wait until you get to station
Precious Illusions
Badges: 20
Report 4 months ago
Buy a ticket online from Euston to Milton Keynes and you can collect it at Euston.

Also a side note, get the Hammersmith and City line from Barking to Euston Square. This is a much easier route than going to Euston directly and it's a 5 min walk from Euston Square to Euston.
ClayJensen817
Rep:
?
(Original post by Precious Illusions)
Buy a ticket online from Euston to Milton Keynes and you can collect it at Euston.

Also a side note, get the Hammersmith and City line from Barking to Euston Square. This is a much easier route than going to Euston directly and it's a 5 min walk from Euston Square to Euston.
Wait what?? Now Im so confused!! There are 2 stations?!?!

So when I buy a ticket online I dont get a barcode thingy? I have to collect it at the station!??!
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

What factors affect your mental health the most right now? (select all that apply)

Lack of purpose or routine (160)
15.55%
Uncertainty around my education (167)
16.23%
Uncertainty around my future career prospects (98)
9.52%
Isolating with family (71)
6.9%
Lack of support system (eg. Teachers, counsellors) (38)
3.69%
Lack of exercise/ability to be outside (90)
8.75%
Loneliness (102)
9.91%
Financial worries (46)
4.47%
Concern about myself or my loved ones getting ill (94)
9.14%
Exposure to negative news/social media (73)
7.09%
Lack of real life entertainment (eg. cinema, gigs, restaurants) (90)
8.75%

Watched Threads