The Student Room Group

are my family being harsh?

so i have just finished my November mocks and I am kinda tired of revising for a bit, as i did wake up at 5 am on most days to get more done. I havent revised since Thursday as that was the last day of my mock. My plan was to chill for the weekend and when Monday comes continue revising hard.

So I was just playing some video games and my Grandma walks in and says, Why are you not revising, you should not be playing video games. I said that I am taking a little break for now and I will continue in a few days.

then my uncle comes in and tells me to quit games and that they are a waste of time. (I didn't play any games for like 1 and a half months due to revision.) And he sees me playing games and says you should be revising and quit games.

This made me angry as i had worked soo hard for months and then I get complaints for playing games and taking a small break from revision. Surely i should be allowed to rest for a bit? surely I should have some time to relax? Or is that asking too much?

idk lemme know what u think?
Original post by Anonymous
so i have just finished my November mocks and I am kinda tired of revising for a bit, as i did wake up at 5 am on most days to get more done. I havent revised since Thursday as that was the last day of my mock. My plan was to chill for the weekend and when Monday comes continue revising hard.

So I was just playing some video games and my Grandma walks in and says, Why are you not revising, you should not be playing video games. I said that I am taking a little break for now and I will continue in a few days.

then my uncle comes in and tells me to quit games and that they are a waste of time. (I didn't play any games for like 1 and a half months due to revision.) And he sees me playing games and says you should be revising and quit games.

This made me angry as i had worked soo hard for months and then I get complaints for playing games and taking a small break from revision. Surely i should be allowed to rest for a bit? surely I should have some time to relax? Or is that asking too much?

idk lemme know what u think?

was in the same position as u man I would just work a little on the days u want to have rest so they don't keep on nagging at you and you gain two benefits in one, you get to revise a little and hopefully help you do better and actually have some time to relax

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending