Sw1234x
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 weeks ago
Anyone who goes to Falmouth university from the North west of england (Manchester area) know a cost effective way to travel there?
It either seems to take 10 hours or is incredibly expensive, however I really like the course and university.
Falmouth University
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 6 days ago
Hi Sw1234x

My name is Jess and I am an Official Rep for Falmouth University.

There are lots of ways to travel down to Falmouth! We have an airport here in Cornwall, Cornwall Airport Newquay, which is just a short flight with Flybe, from Manchester – there are also various routes around the UK including Birmingham and Heathrow, to name a few. Cornwall Airport Newquay is about 30 miles away from Falmouth and the best way to get from the airport to Falmouth is via taxi or car hire. You can also travel by Mega bus, which takes a little longer but is a great option if you are looking for something more affordable. Alternatively, you can travel to Falmouth via train, which is a beautiful, scenic journey. For more information, I’d suggest visiting the National Rail website. Finally, we also have something called the Pasty Connection down in Cornwall which helps people to arrange car shares on long journeys. Lots of our students use this as it's a really affordable way to travel! Have a look at the Pasty Connection Facebook page and the new app for more information.

Hope that's helpful! Let me know if you have any other questions.

Jess
Last edited by Falmouth University; 4 days ago
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Did you vote in the 2019 general election?

Yes (416)
43.97%
No (98)
10.36%
I'm not old enough (432)
45.67%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed