X the slump god
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 weeks ago
I'm applying for aerospace engineering at 4/5 of my universities. I want to study engineering Mathematics at Bristol tho and so i'm not sure how to write my personal statement. I was thinking to make things easier, i would apply for Aerospace at Bristol and if I get it, then ask to change to Engineering Mathematics. Is this possible to do?
999tigger
Badges: 19
Report 2 weeks ago
(Original post by X the slump god)
I'm applying for aerospace engineering at 4/5 of my universities. I want to study engineering Mathematics at Bristol tho and so i'm not sure how to write my personal statement. I was thinking to make things easier, i would apply for Aerospace at Bristol and if I get it, then ask to change to Engineering Mathematics. Is this possible to do?
Contact Bristol admissions and ask if they want a separate one.

Write it for aerospace.
Smack
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
Engineering Mathematics is quite a unique course so I would imagine they are used to applications who've applied to other disciplines at other universities. I don't think it'd be a good idea to apply for aerospace with the intention of moving to engineering maths when you could just apply directly to it.
X the slump god
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 week ago
(Original post by Smack)
Engineering Mathematics is quite a unique course so I would imagine they are used to applications who've applied to other disciplines at other universities. I don't think it'd be a good idea to apply for aerospace with the intention of moving to engineering maths when you could just apply directly to it.
(Original post by 999tigger)
Contact Bristol admissions and ask if they want a separate one.

Write it for aerospace.
Ok because I thought if I talk about how I have a massive interest in Aerospace Engineering, but I apply for Engineering Mathematics they would be confused as to how my interests relate to the course
Smack
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
Ok because I thought if I talk about how I have a massive interest in Aerospace Engineering, but I apply for Engineering Mathematics they would be confused as to how my interests relate to the course
Very unlikely to be an issue as they're both engineering courses. It's not uncommon to apply to more than one different discipline of engineering and I've never heard of this being an issue.
X the slump god
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 week ago
(Original post by Smack)
Very unlikely to be an issue as they're both engineering courses. It's not uncommon to apply to more than one different discipline of engineering and I've never heard of this being an issue.
Ok thank you very much for your help, I really appreciate it!
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• Bournemouth University
    Midwifery Open Day at Portsmouth Campus Undergraduate
    Wed, 18 Dec '19
  • The University of Law
    Open Day – GDL and LPC - Chester campus Postgraduate
    Sat, 4 Jan '20
  • University of East Anglia
    Mini Open Day Undergraduate
    Mon, 6 Jan '20

Did you vote in the 2019 general election?

Yes (352)
46.44%
No (81)
10.69%
I'm not old enough (325)
42.88%

Watched Threads