The Student Room Group

Advice on a few things

So me and a friend in school (year 11) were having a conversation about cute underrated girls in our year in the last period of the day. He messaged me when I got home a voice message of him saying sexual things about some girls which would then be 8 messages. I found two of them funny and sent all the voice messages to 3 friends unluckily they showed others and it hadn’t spread yet but. A day after I received the message I realised that what he said was very disgusting and concerning as the girls he spoke about are respectful people. He spoke about one girls mum and how he thought another girl would give a really good blow... I started to feel really guilty that I was in the conversation even though I didn’t say anything about the girls or reply to the messages.

This is where it gets sticky, one of the friends I showed had a grudge on my the guy who said the things, so he made a Instagram account about him making fun of him (stupid I know) then he posted the voice messages. After this my other two friends thought I might as well show other people then it spread rapidly. The guy who made the account has 2 days in inclusion and it goes on his permanent record as cyber bullying while the boy who said the things only gets an hour detention.

Two of the girls he spoke about found out and heard the voice messages that he sent me and now they’re disgusted about the boy (as they should be to be fair) all of the 8 girls he spoke about will find out. I felt sick to my stomach seeing the girls in the hallway as I feel really bad for being in the conversation with him. Although some of the girls have assured me that it isn’t my fault and that it’s good that he’s exposed as he’s perverted. So I’m thinking of dropping him as a friend as I don’t feel right hanging out with someone who says things like that.
The boy hasn’t got a good reputation in our school in the first place so he isn’t too bothered, he feels like he’s done nothing wrong speaking about the girls like that.
Should I be feeling immense guilt?
Reply 1
Bump

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending