Done a BTEC Level 3 extended diploma but didnt receive my certificate.. Watch

lewisjay97
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 weeks ago
Hi guys, not sure where else to post this as everyone ive asked or everywhere ive searched doesnt give me the answers i need...

I did a BTEC Level 3 extended diploma with the understanding that doing the first year gives you a 90 credit certificate and completing both years gives 180 credits... I had to drop out about 2 month into my second year due to financial problems.. i had to get a job to pay my way at home, I didnt take the decision lightly and only did it thinking i could get into a uni course with a foundation year.

I was keeping in contact with my college mates and they told me they had all received their first year certificates but i hadn't... I emailed my course leader and he told me as i was 19 when i signed up and started the course I was not eligible for the first year certificate and that i wouldve only gotten a certificate if i did both 2 years.

I emailed him back and told him I was 18 when i signed up and started the course so that rule should not effect me, he didn't respond to me or the 3 emails i sent him after that, i tried to contact the college itself with my issue and they also didnt respond to me, what am I to do now? Is this a rule any of you have heard of? Im wanting to start uni but i cant without a certificate .
thelocalkid
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
(Original post by lewisjay97)
Hi guys, not sure where else to post this as everyone ive asked or everywhere ive searched doesnt give me the answers i need...

I did a BTEC Level 3 extended diploma with the understanding that doing the first year gives you a 90 credit certificate and completing both years gives 180 credits... I had to drop out about 2 month into my second year due to financial problems.. i had to get a job to pay my way at home, I didnt take the decision lightly and only did it thinking i could get into a uni course with a foundation year.

I was keeping in contact with my college mates and they told me they had all received their first year certificates but i hadn't... I emailed my course leader and he told me as i was 19 when i signed up and started the course I was not eligible for the first year certificate and that i wouldve only gotten a certificate if i did both 2 years.

I emailed him back and told him I was 18 when i signed up and started the course so that rule should not effect me, he didn't respond to me or the 3 emails i sent him after that, i tried to contact the college itself with my issue and they also didnt respond to me, what am I to do now? Is this a rule any of you have heard of? Im wanting to start uni but i cant without a certificate .
Which college is this? Do you only want the certificate of the first year you completed and not both years?

What if you actually didn't ask for it the certificate and you wanted to do the 180 rather than 90 credits. Maybe they assumed that and that's why they put you on 180 credits and not the 90 credits. So if you had finished the 2 years, you would have gotten extended diploma 180 credits.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Did you vote in the 2019 general election?

Yes (320)
45.98%
No (77)
11.06%
I'm not old enough (299)
42.96%

Watched Threads