Vote for Jeremy Corbyn he will give us free stuff Watch

the bear
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
(Original post by The Mogg)
and what's wrong with Stalin?!?!
he made Hitler look like Graham Norton ?
bennyj901
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
Was this a serious post or not?
The Mogg
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
(Original post by the bear)
he made Hitler look like Graham Norton ?
That's irrelevant, Stalin was a one off, he just didn't implement Communism correctly!! Corbyn will and it will be oh so glorious.
the bear
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
That's irrelevant, Stalin was a one off, he just didn't implement Communism correctly!! Corbyn will and it will be oh so glorious.
come off it, you could say Hitler was a one off, he just didn't implement Nazism correctly

grrrrr

:fuhrer:
Rabbit2
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
(Original post by Michelle Anne)
we should all vote for Corbyn, he will give us all this free stuff like free broadband and abolish tuition fees, come on its a no brainer, get labour in power
You have the 'gimmie' disease!!! NOTHING IN THE WORLD IS FREE!!!!! Absolutely NOTHING!! You pay for everything you get, and if the 'government' gives it to you, it REALLY costs you - because the 'government' is US!! If you wait for the 'government' to do it, it will cost you 4 or 5 times as much, PLUS, you'll have to wait for years to get it. Man up, and accept responsibility for your own life!!! Cheers.
Obolinda
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
People taking OP seriously... LOL
Cryoraptor
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
(Original post by londonmyst)
The guaranteed free social chaos and winter of discontent for every season under a Corbyn led government?
The economic armageddon, lacklustre leadership, 70s era reenactment and ludicrous interpretation of national security will be a repayment burden upon the great-grandchildren of today's generation z.
You spoke my mind. My dad grew up during the 70s and he saw exactly what a Labour government causes. Us younguns have no common sense lmao
Napp
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
(Original post by Tony Foulds)
boris is the man **** corbyn
**** both of them.
Couragenh
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
(Original post by Rabbit2)
You have the 'gimmie' disease!!! NOTHING IN THE WORLD IS FREE!!!!! Absolutely NOTHING!! You pay for everything you get, and if the 'government' gives it to you, it REALLY costs you - because the 'government' is US!! If you wait for the 'government' to do it, it will cost you 4 or 5 times as much, PLUS, you'll have to wait for years to get it. Man up, and accept responsibility for your own life!!! Cheers.
I read your comment using my best Jordan Peterson impression. Well said
londonmyst
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
(Original post by Napp)
**** both of them.
You have just put me off my dinner. :puke:
Thanks.
bumpytrumpy
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
Agree Corbs will give free stuff

I want that penthouse in Mayfair funded by the taxpayer but catch is I think those on welfare have grabbed them all already so how am I supposed to get a look in?

If I declare myself homeless to the council in that region they have to house me there right?
ColinDent
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
we should all vote for Corbyn, he will give us all this free stuff like free broadband and abolish tuition fees, come on its a no brainer, get labour in power
🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣 🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣 🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣 🤣🤣🤣🤣
Free stuff! Someone has to pay and that someone will be all of us one way or another.
Rock Fan
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
Woopie I want my free kitten
RogerOxon
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
It has to be funded by public spending, so taxation or borrowing.

Do you really think that a Labour government, in the pocket of the unions, could run this more efficiently than the free market?
Do you not worry about the government having your DNS history?
ColinDent
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
Spoken like a true person of logic.

"Free" broadband and all of Jezza's other freebies will be paid for mainly on the backs of the richer, who will be able to put less into their businesses, decreasing production and possibly increasing unemployment. Not even just that, he finally admitted that lower earners will see tax increases, that's the last thing we need. Not even mentioning that it's almost certain that "Free" broadband will be worse than any paid-for broadband anyone uses now.

So with all that in mind the choice for the forthcoming election is clear, when at the ballot box make sure to put your X next to the Monster Raving Loony Party.
Let's not forget that all these corporate tax increases will definitely be passed on to the end users.
fallen_acorns
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by Professional G)
It’s from redistributing the budget, closing loopholes, getting billionaires to pay more and of course without raising tax for everyone else
The IFS want a word with you..

(Not to mention that even if everything costing they gave was accurate..using the labour manifesto it’s already been proven true because two examples were provided in the recent bbc interview of people outside of the top 5% who will pay more.)

(Not to not to mention that they have announced 57bn of extra spending since they released their manifesto, which they admit wasn’t included in their costings.)
Last edited by fallen_acorns; 1 week ago
fallen_acorns
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
People need to remember that while they may not raise taxes on most people now.. they can only afford what they plan by increasing borrowing by a substantial amount. This just delays the hit, it’s coming to your taxes, they just want to delay it until later.

It’s not a bad plan in theory because it gives you time to prove to people that they like your change before they have to pay for it. So say you borrow to nationalise broadband. Initially people feel no extra cost, and by the time they do later, they will already have your broadband system and If they like it may then feel like it’s a reasonable thing to see their taxes increased for. It’s a huge gamble though, because if they don’t like it, they will blame you incredibly harshly.

—-

I’m not against more spending but both parties were rightly called out by an economic journalist and the IMF for being deliveratly misleading with their finances. The tories want you to believe that they won’t have to reverse austerity and raise taxes to cover their spending.. and labour want you to believe that they can promise the largest spending increase ever but only 5% will pay for it. Both are not true, and while labours lie is a little bigger in number, both Parties have given up with being economically honest with the country.
fallen_acorns
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
When the NHS was proposed, politicians were far more honest, they never said it was free healthcare, they sold the public on the idea that it was worth an increase to their tax to fund the service. They were honest that it would cost us, but it would be worth it.

The current Labour Party could learn a big big lesson from that.

If the public like your idea and think it’s important, they will back it and pay for it, you don’t need to pretend it’s free. Only students and gullible idiots believe you when you do that.

But instead of promising one or two things and asking the country honestly to pay for them, the labour party have gone with a different strategy. Promise many many free things to every demographic individually and hope that each contains enough gulible idiots that will vote for it.

Again though the tories aren’t blameless, they’ve been doing the same thing with pensioners for years now.
bennyj901
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
I think this idea of getting the rich to 'pay just a bit more' is insane. Either,
A) we increase their taxes 'just a bit' as Corbyn keeps saying, in which case reality will soon dawn that the extra revenue nowhere near comes close to the proposed spending.
B) 'just a bit' = 75%+ taxation on the rich
C) increased taxation for middle class earners

This fallacy of 'tax the billionaires' is also one I don't not fully understand. Doing some EXTREMELY generous rounding up (by that I mean rounding up £1.2 billion to £2billion, $8 billion to £10bn), if we were to tax every billionaire in this country 100% of their entire net worth we would get less than £200bn. Now remember this is a one off payment, because we have taken absolutely everything from these people so we can only do this once. £200bn (again rounding up, from figures we already did round up) we could fund the NHS of the entire UK for one year and one year only.

No mention of free tuition, nationalisation, WASPY women payments, housing estates etc etc etc.

I know the plan is to increase taxation on millionaires as well, including those earning hundreds of thousands of pounds, but surely we can see that, for what Labour are proposing, we need to raise taxes more than 'just a bit'.

p.s. the rich are already paying for practically everything in this country.
RogerOxon
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
Free national debt! Oh ..

No brainer .. yep, that's Corbyn.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Did you vote in the 2019 general election?

Yes (345)
46.12%
No (80)
10.7%
I'm not old enough (323)
43.18%

Watched Threads