Vote for Jeremy Corbyn he will give us free stuff Watch

Rabbit2
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by bennyj901)
I think this idea of getting the rich to 'pay just a bit more' is insane. Either,
A) we increase their taxes 'just a bit' as Corbyn keeps saying, in which case reality will soon dawn that the extra revenue nowhere near comes close to the proposed spending.
B) 'just a bit' = 75%+ taxation on the rich
C) increased taxation for middle class earners

This fallacy of 'tax the billionaires' is also one I don't not fully understand. Doing some EXTREMELY generous rounding up (by that I mean rounding up £1.2 billion to £2billion, $8 billion to £10bn), if we were to tax every billionaire in this country 100% of their entire net worth we would get less than £200bn. Now remember this is a one off payment, because we have taken absolutely everything from these people so we can only do this once. £200bn (again rounding up, from figures we already did round up) we could fund the NHS of the entire UK for one year and one year only.

No mention of free tuition, nationalisation, WASPY women payments, housing estates etc etc etc.

I know the plan is to increase taxation on millionaires as well, including those earning hundreds of thousands of pounds, but surely we can see that, for what Labour are proposing, we need to raise taxes more than 'just a bit'.

p.s. the rich are already paying for practically everything in this country.
If you compare the health care in Costa Rica with that in the USA - you will see that Costa Rica {CR] is rated more highly than the US by World Health, but the costs there are about 1/3 to 1/6 those in the US. I suspect that one of the reasons for this, is what i encountered when i was hospitalized in a US hospital. I had been hospitalized for 2.5 days - for abdominal surgery. On my last 1/2 day there, the head nurse on my ward visited me, to see what i thought of the facilities & how i had been treated. I gave her good marks for everything, but then asked her how many forms had been filled out in connection with my visit. She thought for a moment, and then said - well at least 1200 to 1800, but i'm not sure. I laughed, and said she must be counting little prescription forms & notes between nurses. She said: "Oh NO! These are multi-page 8.5 x 11 inch two sided forms. I asked, had they already been filled out? She said no - nearly all would be filled out after i left. I asked: What possible use can they serve, because after i leave, my medical care is between my surgeon and me, the hospital is out of the loop. She shrugged, and said: "Well, it's just regulations." The 'regulations' require that all this paper be filled out, inspected, filed & re-filed if deemed inadequate, and kept on file for ages. ALL of this costs tons of money, has little benefit to the patient, and raises the costs astronomically. I'm sure the same thing goes on on your side of the pond. And we are ALL paying for it!!! Cheers.
B1204x
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
Anyone’s better than voting those dirty tories😂 they have been in power since 2010! What much will change if we have them for another 10 years you lot are delusional😂😭
Powell312
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
I can’t see how Corbyns policies are going to help the U.K. economy at all.If anything will make people much worse off
Powell312
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by B1204x)Anyone’s better than voting those dirty tories😂 they have been in power since 2010! What much will change if we have them for another 10 years you lot are delusional😂😭

What will labour bring?
Kaffee_1998
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by Professional G)
I may not see Corbyn as the best leader but his ideas and policies are so much better than what the conservatives have. Complain about free stuff all you want, Corbyn is proposing ideas that actually help the people. Labour manifesto is so detailed and actually make more sense.
No offence but the fact he’s promising all this free stuff knowing full well it’s never going to happen and is not feasible in any way pisses me off more than the Tories prom sing jack.
Powell312
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by Pencil)
Only the highest earners will have to pay more tax, which accounts for around 5% of society.
No the time won’t

All married couples claiming the marriage allowance = worse off

All business owners = worse off including small company entrepreneurs

Potentially Employees also worth off as employers have to pay for these changes
B1204x
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
@Powell312 I never said I agree with labour but voting conservatives is a joke when they’ve been in charge of our government for 9 years and have caused more trouble than they are worth why are they promising all of this amazing stuff now? When they’ve had since 2010 to do all of that
Powell312
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by B1204x)
@Powell312 I never said I agree with labour but voting conservatives is a joke when they’ve been in charge of our government for 9 years and have caused more trouble than they are worth why are they promising all of this amazing stuff now? When they’ve had since 2010 to do all of that
The problem that they had is the deficit that labour left behind when they got in. I believe there was a note left for them saying there was no money for them as labour had spent it all.

That’s why they couldn’t spend anything in last ten years as was trying to reduce this deficit.
lewis6969
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
this thread is ****ing hilarious
999tigger
Badges: 19
Report 1 week ago
Only natural people vote for the party that will benefit them most. Both the main parties are liars in any event.
If you or your parents are higher rate tax payers then vote Tory, especially as Boris has promised sweeping tax cuts for the higher earners at the expense of lower earners and continuing decline in services.

If you are on average or below average salaries, then you are going to get more out of a Labour government by more money being spent on public services instead of tax cuts, but the question is will they overdo it and tank the economy..

If as a student I had my student debt written off then that would be a strong incentive, just as it is for the higher rate tax payers who benefit from tax cuts. Most people vote for self interest.
999tigger
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by Powell312)
The problem that they had is the deficit that labour left behind when they got in. I believe there was a note left for them saying there was no money for them as labour had spent it all.

That’s why they couldn’t spend anything in last ten years as was trying to reduce this deficit.
The deficit that was principally caused by the financial crisis and the bankers messing up the world economy, which in turn caused the UK economy to tank and a collapse in fiscal revenue.
harrysbar
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by ecolier)
Nothing in life is truly free. Everything has to be paid for by someone else.
Sound perfect
Powell312
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by 999tigger)
The deficit that was principally caused by the financial crisis and the bankers messing up the world economy, which in turn caused the UK economy to tank and a collapse in fiscal revenue.
And the fact that labour kept on spending money that just wasn’t there. Spend spend spend so had to keep borrowing more and more
999tigger
Report 1 week ago
And the fact that labour kept on spending money that just wasn’t there. Spend spend spend so had to keep borrowing more and more
Nope the financial crisis happened very quickly, the whole point of why it was a crisis and it caught everyone out, hence the world recession. Labour didnt cause the financial crisis.
B1204x
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by 999tigger)
Nope the financial crisis happened very quickly, the whole point of why it was a crisis and it caught everyone out, hence the world recession. Labour didnt cause the financial crisis.
Finally someone with common sense, these tories are brain washed it’s sad really when most of them are working class and won’t benefit at all from a Tory government
username5049966
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago

Why are people so guillable? You swallowed that lie hook, line and sinker. Well done.
username5049966
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by Kaffee_1998)
No offence but the fact he’s promising all this free stuff knowing full well it’s never going to happen and is not feasible in any way pisses me off more than the Tories prom sing jack.
You mean like when the tories promised countries would be queuing for a trade deal after Brexit? I don't see any queues and I don't see Brexit happening anytime soon either.
imlikeahermit
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by ecolier)
Nothing in life is truly free. Everything has to be paid for by someone else.
The majority of Labour benefit sitting voters will love the sound of that.
barnetlad
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
Free train travel for those under 16 is the latest one. Which forgets that large parts of the country don't have trains, that buses are the most used form of transport by children, and makes it a lot easier for those near trains to either cause havoc on them with selfish behaviour, or run away from home.
bennyj901
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
Great... now we have the "I watched The Big Short so am an expert in the financial crisis' brigade slowly filtering in...
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Did you vote in the 2019 general election?

Yes (343)
46.1%
No (80)
10.75%
I'm not old enough (321)
43.15%

Watched Threads