loisb45
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 week ago
Whats is the English courselike aswell as living in the area. Considering it as my first choice. UCLAN is my other consideration.

The course is AAB I have grades BBB would I be offered a place or will I just have to apply to find out.

Lois
Nihilisticb*tch
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
idk about English but I recently visited for a physics interview and the campus is really nice. It has some beautiful scenery nearby. Lancaster itself is quite nice and pretty. Its quite a small city but it has all the main high street shops and a good number of pubs. The students there said the nightlife isn't that bad as there are nightclubs there. Overall I really like Lancaster.
Lancaster Student Ambassador
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 6 days ago
(Original post by loisb45)
Whats is the English courselike aswell as living in the area. Considering it as my first choice. UCLAN is my other consideration.

The course is AAB I have grades BBB would I be offered a place or will I just have to apply to find out.

Lois
Hello Lois,
I have no idea about whether you'll get an offer - it changes every year depending on who applies.
However, I'm happy to answer any questions about the uni and the town, what would you like to know?
Charlotte
3rd year Biological Sciences with Biomedicine
loisb45
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 days ago
(Original post by Lancaster Student Ambassador)
Hello Lois,
I have no idea about whether you'll get an offer - it changes every year depending on who applies.
However, I'm happy to answer any questions about the uni and the town, what would you like to know?
Charlotte
3rd year Biological Sciences with Biomedicine
Mainly is Lancaster affordable and whats it like to live there? Also whats accomodation like as for en suite its 129 per week. Is it easy with my experince as an apprentice administrator to get a loan?

Also whats the social scene like and is it easy to meet people? Employment prospects?- E.g. work placements, study abroad and opporunties to network

Also my main concern for university is the loan- Would they change the 30 year wipe period?
Rep:
?
Report 3 days ago
Mainly is Lancaster affordable and whats it like to live there? Also whats accomodation like as for en suite its 129 per week. Is it easy with my experince as an apprentice administrator to get a loan?

Also whats the social scene like and is it easy to meet people? Employment prospects?- E.g. work placements, study abroad and opporunties to network

Also my main concern for university is the loan- Would they change the 30 year wipe period?
Hello,
It's definitely very affordable. It's in the north west so the rent is very cheap compared to other places, as it the cost of living in general. I'm not sure what you're asking me about in terms of loans? But the university doesn't give out loans so you'll need to check with student finance England (or wherever you get your loans from).
The social scene is pretty good. We have colleges so it'll be easy to meet people from your colleges if you go to all the events etc. There's lots of societies as well which makes it easy to meet people.
You'll need to check directly if you can do placements on your course but in general I think our careers service is great. They help a lot and run a lot of events so you can learn how to make your application stand out.
Charlotte
loisb45
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 days ago
I mean should I be worried about taking a loan about with SLC . I understand the terms and repayment but just worried they’ll change Also, what were your other choices I love the Lancaster is a collegiate uni
Rep:
?
Report 1 day ago
I mean should I be worried about taking a loan about with SLC . I understand the terms and repayment but just worried they’ll change Also, what were your other choices I love the Lancaster is a collegiate uni
Hi,
Sorry if you've already said - but are you an international student? If you're a home student then you'll most likely take a loan out with student finance England (SFE). If so, then that's nothing to do with the university and you'll need to ask someone from SFE about the loans and repayment.
Charlotte
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• University of Suffolk
    Undergraduate Open Day - Ipswich Main Campus Undergraduate
    Mon, 9 Dec '19
  • University of Hertfordshire
    All Subjects Undergraduate
    Wed, 11 Dec '19
  • University of Lincoln
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Wed, 11 Dec '19

Which party will you be voting for in the General Election?

Conservatives (163)
19.47%
Labour (426)
50.9%
Liberal Democrats (113)
13.5%
Green Party (46)
5.5%
Brexit Party (12)
1.43%
Independent Group for Change (Change UK) (4)
0.48%
SNP (14)
1.67%
Plaid Cymru (4)
0.48%
Democratic Unionist Party (DUP) (0)
0%
Sinn Fein (6)
0.72%
SDLP (1)
0.12%
Ulster Unionist (4)