The Student Room Group

Going on first date? Should i let the guy pay?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by anosmianAcrimony
Question is, does he think that too? I wouldn't risk it; I'd let him know I was skint ahead of time.

I would have checked that they were paying before I even agreed on the date.
Original post by anosmianAcrimony
Question is, does he think that too? I wouldn't risk it; I'd let him know I was skint ahead of time.

Original post by Leviathan1611
it depends, did he ask you out on the date or did you?

I think whoever asked the other out on a date should pay for it.

He randomly asked me out...it was his doing not mine though i hinted i wanted a date
Original post by Anonymous
I used pay later at H&M to pick out a date outfit that's how broke i am....I'm not sure if he'd eat subway he's rich and posh

if he's never tried subway, use the excuse "you should try something new, I wanna see your reaction 😃"
He randomly asked me out...it was his doing not mine though i hinted i wanted a date

then he should pay
To clarify: you have no money, you want him to take you "somewhere fancy", and you expect that he'll pay (and have no plan B given your unwillingness/inability to pay your own share)?

Are you looking for a free meal or to get to know the guy?

He is a lucky lucky man.
You can offer to pay and then see what he says basically
if he's never tried subway, use the excuse "you should try something new, I wanna see your reaction 😃"

Lol🤣...then we get there and after the date he'd be like she has no class or taste in food ..goodbye felicia don't expect me to ask you out anymore
Lol🤣...then we get there and after the date he'd be like she has no class or taste in food ..goodbye felicia don't expect me to ask you out anymore

subway tastes amazing the first time you have it, once you've had it to the point you've earned 1500+ subpoints, then it starts to taste boring.

I'm sure he'll love it first time.

or have a date at Krispy Kreme
I would have checked that they were paying before I even agreed on the date.

Ohhh that's fair enough. As long as it's clear and understood by everyone!
Im actually hungry for subway now🤣
You can always offer to cook for him next time....
Reply 31
I think if he asked you out it is you out it is reasonable to assume he will pay. Just say thank you and that you will pay next time. Don't go to Subway, no good relationship could ever start there. Nandos minimum
Original post by Zarek
I think if he asked you out it is you out it is reasonable to assume he will pay. Just say thank you and that you will pay next time. Don't go to Subway, no good relationship could ever start there. Nandos minimum

it did in the subway advert!
Reply 33
it did in the subway advert!

Don't believe their subversive marketing. No good can come from such disgusting sandwiches.
why cant you be honest and just tell him you can't afford to split the bill this time so simple Jesus ****ing christ
Bring money with the expectation of paying for it. Either a) you split/pay for your own or b) the guy offers to pay. Whether or not you want to let the guy pay is up to you, but you should at least offer to pay your share.
Maybe try explaining it to him. Say that you want to pay but cannot afford much. If he offers to pay for yoy, great. If you can pay him back later, not ideal but ok. If he is put off by the idea of you not paying and not going somewhere cheaper, then you have to take a judgement call as and when that occurs.
I like him very much tbh...but i haven't eaten anywhere nice in months . I don't wanna go to a cheap place .i hope he takes me somewhere fancy

if you like him enough then dont 'run out on him' and dont be disrespectful. I know personally if I wanted to date someone and I offered to split and they ran away/ refused to pay there wouldn't be a second date. Reschedule If you want to have a functioning relationship in the future
Tomorrow's the big day early afternoon 😬😬
How do i tell him im a size 12 and have a smallike large belly?😂😂

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending