Is there a minimum age for buying condoms?

Watch
This discussion is closed.
ClivePounds
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
It's legal
Ginger_Rogers
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
I think we are all missing the most important point here.

They still make push pops?!
gyrase
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
That 9yr old git will have sex with girls willy nilly. Cheeky bugger
RightSaidJames
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
I bought condoms at 16 (the irony was that I got broken up with before I got the chance to use them, but that's always the way, isn't it?), and the shop assistant looked at me, frowned, then scanned them and took my money without a word.

To be honest, I can't really see any reason why someone should be disallowed from purchasing them, as if they can't buy them, there's nothing stopping them from having sex anyway!

Now, tell us OP; are you aged 9 and thinking of having sex (in which case you won't actually need a condom, as the likelihood of you a) completing the deed and b) producing sperm is very low indeed...), or do you work in Tesco? Either way, you should be ashamed of yourself! :p:
Psyk
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
(Original post by RightSaidJames)
Now, tell us OP; are you aged 9 and thinking of having sex (in which case you won't actually need a condom, as the likelihood of you a) completing the deed and b) producing sperm is very low indeed...), or do you work in Tesco? Either way, you should be ashamed of yourself! :p:
Ah but if the OP is sleeping around, they could get STIs even if they are only 9:p:
Mrgd291190
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
(Original post by shootbangfire)
There's probably no law against it. I mean the kid could be going on an adventure trek and need good water storage (SAS survival book recommends).
I Remember that!

Am I right in recalling it held a litre of water or something?
Isambard Kingdom Brunel
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 13 years ago
(Original post by RightSaidJames)
I bought condoms at 16 (the irony was that I got broken up with before I got the chance to use them, but that's always the way, isn't it?), and the shop assistant looked at me, frowned, then scanned them and took my money without a word.

To be honest, I can't really see any reason why someone should be disallowed from purchasing them, as if they can't buy them, there's nothing stopping them from having sex anyway!

If I was 9 yrs old I doubt any condoms would fit me. :no:
Cupid Stunt
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
Yea of course it's legal.
karolxx
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
You can buy them at any age as I bought them when I was 13 just get a few weird looks/smirks but that’s it😂
DrawTheLine
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by karolxx)
You can buy them at any age as I bought them when I was 13 just get a few weird looks/smirks but that’s it😂
This thread is coming up 10 years old. How do people keep finding these ancient threads?
X
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Feeling behind at school/college? What is the best thing your teachers could to help you catch up?

Extra compulsory independent learning activities (eg, homework tasks) (6)
4.41%
Run extra compulsory lessons or workshops (23)
16.91%
Focus on making the normal lesson time with them as high quality as possible (24)
17.65%
Focus on making the normal learning resources as high quality/accessible as possible (19)
13.97%
Provide extra optional activities, lessons and/or workshops (40)
29.41%
Assess students, decide who needs extra support and focus on these students (24)
17.65%

Watched Threads