Hong Kong Non-Jupas Applicants 2020 Watch

somwhaghuman
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 months ago
Hello there!

I saw one of those threads last year and figured it'd be nice to have a place to talk about the application process, especially once it gets to the interview stage.

Did any of you apply to universities in Hong Kong? If so which ones and what did you apply for?

Cheers and good luck!
Simar_10
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report 2 months ago
Has anyone got a kira talent interview for business school hkust?
somwhaghuman
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 months ago
(Original post by Simar_10)
Has anyone got a kira talent interview for business school hkust?
I'll have an interview for HKUST's school of science next week But it's just a regular Skype interview.
somwhaghuman
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
Anyone received an offer from HKUST today? If so, what are your scholarship arrangements/conditions?
Simar_10
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by michellesi)
Anyone received an offer from HKUST today? If so, what are your scholarship arrangements/conditions?
Got an offer, but nothing abt scholarship yet. I guess that'll come in a while
somwhaghuman
Rep:
?
Got an offer, but nothing abt scholarship yet. I guess that'll come in a while
What programme(s) did you apply to?
Simar_10
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
What programme(s) did you apply to?
Business and management and bba management
somwhaghuman
Rep:
?
Business and management and bba management
Congratulations for your offer!
mygjjgknj
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
applied to HKU 1st choice engineering, 2nd science, 3rd econ&fin. no news yet. i will be applying for HKUST regular track for 1st choice engineering, 2nd science. didn't apply during early round because i wanted more time to decide (also bcs i'm applying to uk so i want to see my offers first).

what are your thoughts about the situation in hk rn? do u think it's going to carry on until next year and does anyone know if hk is safe?
somwhaghuman
Rep:
?
(Original post by mygjjgknj)
applied to HKU 1st choice engineering, 2nd science, 3rd econ&fin. no news yet. i will be applying for HKUST regular track for 1st choice engineering, 2nd science. didn't apply during early round because i wanted more time to decide (also bcs i'm applying to uk so i want to see my offers first).

what are your thoughts about the situation in hk rn? do u think it's going to carry on until next year and does anyone know if hk is safe?
Seems like HKU really is taking their time this year as I haven't heard of anyone receiving any news whatsoever from them.

I had my interview for Biotech at PolyU and asked them about how classes are conducted atm since they really are at the center of it all and I was told exams/classes will continue regularly during mid-January, so I'd assume that while HK might not be the safest place, the unis are trying their best to offer a safe environment to study.

For UST I think they aren't as affected because they are pretty secluded (they sent an email before the holidays saying that the campus was safe, so I'm going off of that).

Anyway, good luck on both your UK and HK applications
mygjjgknj
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Seems like HKU really is taking their time this year as I haven't heard of anyone receiving any news whatsoever from them.

I had my interview for Biotech at PolyU and asked them about how classes are conducted atm since they really are at the center of it all and I was told exams/classes will continue regularly during mid-January, so I'd assume that while HK might not be the safest place, the unis are trying their best to offer a safe environment to study.

For UST I think they aren't as affected because they are pretty secluded (they sent an email before the holidays saying that the campus was safe, so I'm going off of that).

Anyway, good luck on both your UK and HK applications
hku is pretty affected i think because their classes are suspended until jan if im not mistaken (my friend goes to hku). maybe that's why hku is taking their time? its too bad really, bcs hku is my first choice for hk

but thanks ! good luck on your applications too, i hope we can get our offers in jan hahahah
somwhaghuman
Rep:
?
(Original post by mygjjgknj)
hku is pretty affected i think because their classes are suspended until jan if im not mistaken (my friend goes to hku). maybe that's why hku is taking their time? its too bad really, bcs hku is my first choice for hk

but thanks ! good luck on your applications too, i hope we can get our offers in jan hahahah
That'd make sense. I didn't know their classes were suspended too:/ I actually was surprised PolyU was so quick at arranging interviews considering the situation. And thank you!
Anonymous #1
Report 1 month ago
Hi, has anyone received a conditional offer from HKUST for Engineering? I have applied for the early round and still have not heard anything.
Anonymous #1
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
Hi, has anyone received a conditional offer from HKUST for Engineering? I have applied for the early round and still have not heard anything.
Did anyone receive anything today?
Anonymous #1
Report 1 month ago
Is this thread even active???
somwhaghuman
Rep:
?
Is this thread even active???
I'm not an engineering applicant so I can't help you out, but I'd assume that if you haven't heard back yet you are most likely moved to the main round. Maybe check your online application anyway because my email was in a different folder so I didn't see it at first. Otherwise you still have a chance
Anonymous #1
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by somwhaghuman)
I'm not an engineering applicant so I can't help you out, but I'd assume that if you haven't heard back yet you are most likely moved to the main round. Maybe check your online application anyway because my email was in a different folder so I didn't see it at first. Otherwise you still have a chance
Thanks a lot for the help
somwhaghuman
Rep:
?
Thanks a lot for the help
You're welcome. Keeping my fingers crossed for you🤞🏻
ariyanakhan
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Hi! I applied to HKU and CUHK for their business and econ programs. Has anyone received offers from CUHK and HKU?
somwhaghuman
Rep:
?
(Original post by ariyanakhan)
Hi! I applied to HKU and CUHK for their business and econ programs. Has anyone received offers from CUHK and HKU?
Haven't gotten any feedback from both CUHK and HKU. Have you had an interview with either one already?
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• Bournemouth University
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Wed, 19 Feb '20
  • Buckinghamshire New University
    Postgraduate and professional courses Postgraduate
    Wed, 19 Feb '20
  • University of Warwick
    Warwick Business School Postgraduate
    Thu, 20 Feb '20

Has your university offer been reduced?